Christmas time


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
December 24th 2005
Published: January 31st 2006
Edit Blog Post

Well, I'm skipping the last month in India for now and shall come back to it later!

I arrived in Sydney on the 22nd Dec and spent the first few days in a nice hostel getting over the hustle and bustle of India and catching up on sleep and washing - so I didn't turn up and Ed and Blythe's looking like too much of a waif and stray!

They live in a gorgeous flat in the inner west suburb called Dulwich Hill and I was lucky enough to have my own bedroom and bathroom and I even a balcony overlooking the communal pool - how spoilt was I!! On Christmas Eve we did a few last minute things like buy some additional alcohol and bring up tables from their store cupboard in order to be able to seat everyone the next day! Christmas day was a blissful lie in followed by lots of laying the table and preparing the buffet. Ed and Blythe entertained a whole heep of cousins, parents and grandparents - there were 14 of us in total. After a feast of chilli squid, hams turkey and an amazing array of salads we went down to the pool - not a good look in a bikini which you had just stuffed with yummy food!

After some piggy back games it was back to open pressies - thank you M&D, Anna and Pete, Ali and Bean and Toossie - I was certainly very spoilt! That evening when everyone had gone Ed, Blythe and I chilled out watching a the TV with a small port....In the morning we drove to Blythe's parents and all spent the day on one of Sydney's North beaches called Curl Curl. It was a great beach, with not too many people and had brilliant waves to play in too!

In between Christmas and New Year I spent some great time up with Ed and Blythe and from the 30th my friends from London - Lex and her boyfriend Dwight and Glenn were around to catch up with!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Ed on the beach Ed on the beach
Ed on the beach

with his new Christmas hat!
Curl Curl BeachCurl Curl Beach
Curl Curl Beach

Not a bad place to be spending boxing day really!
Blythe and her parentsBlythe and her parents
Blythe and her parents

Having a yummy lunch of Christmas ham sanis!


Tot: 0.113s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0492s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb