Best Sushi Ever!!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
October 17th 2005
Published: October 18th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Hey everybody! Sorry for the lack of updates, but now that pretty much all of us are set in consistent jobs, there isn’t too much to report on daily. It seems like MN, Lynds & I have been spending the better parts of the last two weeks at the travel agent trying to pin down our plans for our two months starting in December. We’re all so excited because we have now decided to add Thailand to the tail end of the trip!!! Also, it seems we’ve gotten into the 9-5 regimen. Julia is now the last one standing at Ribs ‘n Rumps with Lynds throwing in the towel on Saturday to keep her data entry job. One thing I will say is starting to get on all our nerves is not having a car. We’ve all had to succumb to city transportation and it is less than desirable. I think we all took for granted the ability to have a car sitting in the driveway ready to take you wherever you want to go. Anyway, I took this problem into my own hands and purchased some rollerblades last week. It has definitely been my best purchase since I’ve been here!
Ceruti'sCeruti'sCeruti's

Me MN & Julia at our favorite Sunday hangout!
Even though most my roomies laugh at me when I’m rolling around, I’m loving it! And also, knock on wood, I’ve lasted a week without falling! This faster than walking mode of transportation has been most fantastic, I even rollerbladed to the mall the other day, loving it! Also, I can now finally keep up with Lyndsey when she goes on her marathon-long runs haha.
Anyway, in other news, we decided to have a night out in the city on Saturday. We decided on this restaurant in Darling Harbour called Kobe Jones. This was going to definitely be a good night because we had another fellow-Charlestonian joining us, Alida, who’s studying at the university here. She grew up with the SC girls and we were excited to have a new addition to our group. Right when we got there we were so excited because the restaurant pretty much overlooked the water, it was beautiful! That ended up being the least exciting thing of the night, because the food was absolutely out of this world. We got all kinds of different things like edamame, some sushi, seafood, everything was great! The best part for me, Lynds & MN was this appetizer
LyndsLyndsLynds

Lynds and her two fave activities, reading and eating Beaches pizza (the best pizza ever)!
thing called the Number One Special, it was absolutely delicious!! At the end of dinner, we had all decided it was for sure the best meal since we’ve been over here!! After dinner, we were going to try out this place called Cargo Bar. We had heard great things about it and it was supposed to be a really cool place. The location was perfect, right on Darling Harbour overlooking the restaurant. It was three stories and insanely packed when we got there! It was fun having the city lights in the background, which made for a wonderful surrounding. We met some of our friends and had a fun night on the town! I will end with probably one of the highlights of the weekend…..of course we woke up on Sunday morning craving our Four Olives for breakfast! Oh, it was delicious as ever! The Olives (as they call it here) is never one to disappoint!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

At KobeAt Kobe
At Kobe

Me MN & Lynds at our best meal so far, Kobe Jones!
Cargo BarCargo Bar
Cargo Bar

Alida MN & Julia at Cargo Bar


18th October 2005

I love the journal.
I get houngry reading about the places you eat. Were you wearing the earring we bought in Bo'ham int he picture with the yellow dress. All you girls are beautiful"What an experience. Love you all.

Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0491s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb