Neighbours, everybody needs good Neigh-bours... Am I repeating myself here?


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
December 23rd 2007
Published: January 1st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Sunday 23rd
Go Dylan. He's taken my question 'Are you planning on joining a boy band?', and done what I hoped he would do - done his best Backstreet Boys impression! After getting the train back from the Blue Mountains and meeting Claire for lunch (Croissant and cake, nice), (and I run into Lynne and Ricky on the streets of Sydney - how bizarre!) we're ready for our second Neighbours Night! This time we get Dylan (again!) (Damien Bodie, who was the nicest of the crew last time), 'the Fonz' from Hollyoaks (did a stint on Neighbours, I didn't see it!), and Dr Karl Kennedy (the top billing star). This event is hosted by the Backpacker King himself, rather than Safari Pete.

Claire and I are early enough to get on the front table, so a great view of everything. We know we have a couple of hours to wait this time so we enjoy ourselves chatting with the people around us and having a bit of wine! The stars don't disappoint again, and start to do the rounds again. All the ladies are getting a kiss from Dr Karl. He nearly missed our corner of the table but, with a few apologies, that was soon rectified! We try hard on the trivia quiz this time and get 2nd place - no prizes for runners up though! $500 for first place! Another really enjoyable afternoon, Dylan says that was the perfect question - I have to admit I saw it set-up in Melbourne!

Claire and I decide to walk to the Scary Canary for part 2 of the evening, getting distracted by a shopping Centre which looks quite historic, has a huge Christmas tree and is a nice way to waste 45 minutes. At the Scary Canary it's time to wait for Dr Karl, aka Fletch and his band Waiting Room. We're really not sure what to expect, but soon after 930 he's on stage opening with 'ruby ruby ruby' - well he's just done a tour of UK Universities so I'm not sure why we're surprised that so many of the songs are so on the money. An enjoyable hour or so set, with some fun lyrics for Neighbours, then out to grab a taxi ready for an early start to surf school!


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement

Finally, can see the faceFinally, can see the face
Finally, can see the face

(Andy, don't think I threaten your photography business!)


Tot: 0.317s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 24; qc: 89; dbt: 0.0845s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb