Back in Sydney.


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
December 5th 2007
Published: December 5th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Its been a few weeks since i've updated this blog lol.
Back in Sydney three weeks now and guess what? its been raining for at least 2 of those weeks...... i know we need the rain badly but after being rained out in Hawaii i thought i'd be safe from the wet stuff down under lol little did i know.

I started sailing academy last week,i'm currently 3/4 of the way through the first certification , C1-Set Sail, its your basic get to know the yacht and basic yachting skills, tacking,gybing, roaps etc. Ive been lucky so far,two of my classes have been me and the instructors due to a couple of students cancelling on the day so i have been getting a lot of hands on experience.
This happened today, the other student cancelled so it was myself and two instructors,who also happen to be members of yacht racing teams, we had great winds on Sydney Harbour all morning so by mid day they had put me through a ton of tacking drills,getting faster and faster each time . i learnt a lot about yacht handling today, my arms are rubber from all the winching on the mailsail sheets.

I was also lucky to have one of the rare Sydney Fairy Penguins as a companion for about 15 minutes today,he was swimming around,looking for fish i imagine, when he started following us and playfully jumping out of the water next to us. no picture today ,sorry the winds were too strong to take one. maybe i'll see him/her again.

i will addd more photos when i can.

safe winds and cool breezes,
Paul.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0384s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb