Saturday Scene


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
September 3rd 2005
Published: September 5th 2005
Edit Blog Post

At the Steyne HotelAt the Steyne HotelAt the Steyne Hotel

Taking a break from tearing up the dance floor!
We woke up Saturday to a not so pretty day in Manly. It was pretty chilly, so we used this perfect opportunity to relax with some movies. Missing American TV, we ended up renting Friends (of course), Sex & the City and The Sopranos. We all enjoyed our day of relaxation! Of course we had to rest up before another night of fun! As for this night, we wanted to take the opportunity and check out the Manly scene.
All week we've had our eye on this woodfired pizza place across the street from our apartment. Lyndsey, having already eaten a bit of sushi (which keeps her streak going to have eaten sushi every day since she's been here) only ate a salad. MN and I split a most delicious vegetarian pizza! It was very good and a great way to start our night off in Manly. We headed to the Manly Wharf hotel (just so everyone knows, most bars here for some reason are called hotels, whether they have rooms to sleep in or not) to start off. MN and I had been here before and loved the atmosphere. It's very relaxed with part of the hotel having comfy yet chic couches, while the other part reminds me of the Cruise Bar because it's very white. It also has a most fantastic outside, but it was a bit too chilly this night for that! We stayed there for a bit before heading to a place we had heard great things about, the Steyne Hotel. This place has seven bars and is probably the most popular hotel in Manly. This turned out to be very true! People were everywhere and each of the different bars had different atmospheres. We settled on the 70's one! It was playing great music and most of the other people were dressed in 70s because there was some birthday party going on there. We danced the night away and had a great time! Definitely found a fun fun place just walking distance from our apartment which was very relieving!
Learning from our previous night's mistake, we did bring our camera this night, so here they are from Sat. night.

Advertisement



7th September 2005

Do yah'll do anything but eat?
All you talk about it the food, what is the weather like?

Tot: 0.143s; Tpl: 0.023s; cc: 6; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0707s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb