Sydney Revisited


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
June 1st 2007
Published: August 9th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We're in Sydney again for a couple of days before flying out to Bangkok to start the Asia leg of our trip....8 weeks and we'll be home : S

In Sydney we stayed with Tom and Rachel again for a couple of nights and enjoyed a night out on the beers. Thanks again for the bed guys and thanks for the help and advice xxx

During the day we sorted out a few bits for the next bit of our trip. Bused to Circular Quay through Paddington, which looked a really cool place, tree lined streets, old Victorian terreced houses with wrought iron fences and balconies with small corner shops and cafes with tables and chairs out on the street. At the Quay we walked around the Opera House and took some photos, well lots of photos, all pretty much the same as the ones we took the last time we were here!! But still with such an amasing backdrop you kind of just find yourself wanting to!!

That afternoon we made our way over to Darling Harbour and you'd never guess who we bumped into?? Mr Frank Rovers!! He treated us to a meal and a few Bundy’s, so good on you Frank we had an excellent evening, thank you.

Next day we caught the ferry over to Manly, walked along the prom next to the beach and ended up having a lovely dinner after which as the sun dropped we caught the ferry back and got great views of the city, harbourside and harbour bridge.

After a couple nights at Tom and Rachel's we moved to a hotel. It was a little further out than we thought but the exercise did us good!!

Late one afternoon we’ve walked over the harbour bridge and climbed up to the top of one of the towers. There was also a really good museum about the bridge and with it only being $9 for some great views only slightly lower than doing a bridge climb ($200!!) it was well worth it.

On our last day in Oz we walked down to the Rocks and looked around the open air market. In the evening we got up close and walked around the base of the bridge, right on the river. Really cool sunset. Then.........then we went to the Opera House to see a performance of Beethoven’s 5th Symphony and Piano concerto by the Sydney Symphony. Awesome (stop laughing!!)

We’re off to Bangkok and then have a pretty hectic schedule for about a month so you may not here from us for a bit........we love you : S


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

Inside the Sydney Opera House... Inside the Sydney Opera House...
Inside the Sydney Opera House...

...watching the Sydney Symphony Orchestra


Tot: 0.134s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 28; qc: 109; dbt: 0.0983s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.3mb