Wonderful Australia


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
February 21st 2007
Published: February 24th 2007
Edit Blog Post

All Peaches and Cream!!!
We arrived in Australia last sunday to see our friends Karl and Barbara Baron. We had a very warm welcome here. After washing all our clothes on the first night (to eliminate the possibility of any imported bed bugs) we got up dead early next morning and went with Karl into the city of Sydney to witness the Queen Mary 2 (one of the biggest cruise ships in the world) coming into the harbour. we had prime seats from Karls office on the 27th floor. Magnificent.
The event caused central Sydney to have some kind of fairground atmosphere all day, with plane writing in the sky and hotdog stands near where the ship was moored.
we had a great day out and about. Sydney is beautiful! Australians at home are amazingly friendly - amazing because a lot of Australians we had met abroad had been also friendly but comparatively rude and arrogant!
Next day we went with Barb to Cronulla beach. The view there was marvelous and we so enjoyed sunshine and the warm wind. Barb and her baby Thomas are great company and so we enjoyed an afternoon with walking along the beach and iced coffees. Just before we went back to Barbs house, we had a quick jump into the Pacific Ocean!!!! So exciting! The waves were good fun and it was by no means cold.
Next day we spent a day at the Barons' pool and enjoyed again their lovely company and Australian weather.
Life is beautiful!
Lots of love from 2 very cheerful Knoxs


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0517s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb