The sun always shines on Sydney


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
January 6th 2007
Published: January 8th 2007
Edit Blog Post

SOHSOHSOH

This is pretty famous I think.....
HAPPY MONDAY EVERYONE!!! Off to sunnier and warmer climes we were and our next port of call was Sydney, really, truly the other side of the world. We had purposely planned to be here for Xmas and New Year and here we were, roughly half way through our journey of enlightenment!! We had met James (from the Kiwi Experience) in Christchurch airport on our way to Sydney and he had already booked a hostel so we thought we'd book the same one whilst we were finding our feet in Sydney. It turns out we had booked the worst hostel in the WORLD! Firstly it is in Kings Cross which is kind of cool in a Soho type way but pretty seedy. We had ladyboy prozzers propositioning us every 5 minute (ok, it wasn't all bad) and our beds were in an old shopfront so it was like we were sleeping ON the busy road outside. Well, that was just three days before we moved out to somewhere a little better and James went off up north to do surf school. Did the usual touristy sightseeing things in the first few days, walked round the harbours, saw the opera house etc We then did some casual work for a guy who runs a removal firm and found ourselves lifting furniture in 30 degree heat! It was alright though when the boss wasn't trying to convert Steve to scientology. We've eventually settled right in the heart of the city at Base on Kent St so it's pretty handy to get just about everywhere. Met up with Adam who we'd met way back in Rio and he drove us around the city one day. He took us up to the northen beaches and we went for a wander around Palm Beach which is where Home and Away is filmed, yaaaayyy!! Met up with Gemma, Vicky and Dom again and have generally worked hard at being a constant pain in their collective ass, sorry for keeping you up all night snoring Dom! 😊 Christmas Day kind of snuck up on us, (it really doesn't feel like Xmas when you wandering around a beach in shorts) so we were totally unorganised but ended up having a wicked day on Bondi Beach eating fish and chips and no alcohol!!! Have spent plenty of time on Bondi but have found Coogee just south is a much nicer beach/place and have done the coastal walk between the two a few times. Christmas Eve we happened to pick the worst time ever for a walk as it decided to piss down half way through, we were gonna get soaked anyway so we were running round jumping in puddles, we are soooo grown up! 😊 Boxing Day we went out to Watsons Bay to watch the start of the Sydney to Hobart Yacht race and then we stayed out there for lunch and a spot of sunbathing, there was an unbelieveable number of boats in the harbour and it looked like total chaos as spectator boats weaved in and out of the race yachts. We were a lot more organised for New Years Eve and went and did a big shop for picnic food (which included 40 litres of wine!) with which Me, Steve and Nick knocked up a feast for about 100 people. I think we did a bit too much, but better too much than not enough. Got up at half seven on NYE, yes, half SEVEN to prepare the salad and then we caught the ferry across to Cremorne Point to bag a good spot for the fireworks.
Chain GangChain GangChain Gang

Someone spraypainted a vest on Steve
It was an awesome night and turned out to be our first Kiwi reunion as the was 11 of us from the bus which was cool. Anyway for those of you reading this today (Monday 08th Jan) at work, I'll not keep you any more, best you shuffle off and pretend you're doing something useful. I'm going to go do something that isn't work. Leave for Byron Bay on Weds so I'll update again in a couple of weeks, later folks 😊


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

Seeya!!!Seeya!!!
Seeya!!!

Goodbye drinks for the northern monkey
Sunbathing in Hyde ParkSunbathing in Hyde Park
Sunbathing in Hyde Park

Local council aren't that good at picking up rubbish!
The Bad and The GoodThe Bad and The Good
The Bad and The Good

Oh yeee bloody haaaa!
Have yourself a Bondi little XmasHave yourself a Bondi little Xmas
Have yourself a Bondi little Xmas

Christmas Day on Bondi after fish and chips :)
GangGang
Gang

Waiting for the fireworks
Off we go!!!Off we go!!!
Off we go!!!

Hello 2007


9th January 2007

Oh,ah..lol.
Hey buds! Seems as you guys are doing just great! Im not doing to bad myself, but that is something that I will send in an e-mail instead ::. .. :D So,next stop is sweden, right? ;) Hugs JJ
11th January 2007

hapy new years sillys
thanks for your email spence, it bought a tear to the eye. so glad you have had an amazing few weeks, spence i think you should probably STOP stalking vicky about now... am leaving south america on tuesday, some may so overdue and im so damn excited!! I wish we´d all come to ilha grande, have been here for 10days now and just dont want to leave. Have sent everyone onto floripa, and told them all to make out with junior, so long as mainland europe are MIA. Chin up, love yous all xox ps. leave thailand on the 30unfortunetly but that would have been SO fun. However, at this point NOTHING will stop me from getting home. Ovah it.. pps. am in love AGAIN. With a boy from melbourne named tobias... who hopefully doesnt know you boys.. eh.
11th January 2007

Happy New Year
Yep..... just as i thought looks really rubbish glad i was in Ipswich for the New Year....

Tot: 0.111s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0516s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb