Kicking our heels in Sydney


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
December 1st 2006
Published: December 5th 2006
Edit Blog Post

We had a lie-in this morning before getting up and going for lunch in the Rocks at an Italian. Then we had a wander through Circular Quay and the Botanical Gardens. The weather is superb, 30c and sunny. We went back to the hotel to freshen up and get ready for a night out at Aria, which overlooks the harbour bridge and opera house.

We wandered down to the opera house intending to get some drinks at Bennelong (a bar / restaurant in the smallest of the opera house’s sails), but we were disappointed to find that it was closed for a private party.

So instead we went to the opera house bar, which is outdoors and looks out towards the bridge. It was a warm and sultry evening and the bar was packed. We grabbed a bottle of wine and managed to find some standing room overlooking the waterfront, where we watched the sun go down whilst chatting to some of the locals.

Then it was onto Aria for some food. We plumped for the 7 course tasting menu with a different wine accompanying each course. The food and wine were excellent, though the tasting menu we had a while ago at Gordon Ramsey’s restaurant in Dubai edged it out for sheer taste (I think the restaurant was called Verre).

After that we headed back for some shut eye.



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.033s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0176s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb