Discover the Luxury Side of Sydney


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
January 25th 2018
Published: January 25th 2018
Edit Blog Post

What’s the most photogenic harbour in the world? Well, the one in Sydney of course, no doubt about it. The city built around this gorgeous harbour works perfectly, perhaps because it’s a total eye candy! There aren’t too many towns on our planet that give off a vibe that’s as luxurious as the one Sydney has to offer, and you can rest assured that this city is, indeed, just as luxurious as it looks. Let’s delve deeper into the high-end part of the Aussie continent.

Sights to behold



Let’s cross the most famous spot of Sydney off the list. Of course we’re talking about the ever-popular architectural wonder that is the Sydney Opera House; it’s one of those things that no one misses out on seeing from the outside. Incredible as it looks from the outside, however, it is actually quite marvellous from the inside as well, which is why you shouldn’t miss out on it from this perspective either. The VIP behind-the-scenes tours, however, take place very early, so you will have to wake up early, too. Tours are scheduled in the morning so that the rooms full of stored props, all the backstage machinery and the orchestra pits can be explored unencumbered, before everyone gets to work.

The next luxurious hotspot that you should definitely check out is the Botanic Gardens, which offer an opportunity to explore the lush Australian flora. This is a great chance to soak in the soothing natural atmosphere right in the heart of one of the world’s most urban metropolises.

If you are down for some adventure, finish off by taking on the BridgeClimb – walk along the arch of the Sydney Harbour Bridge that stretches 134m high and admire the breathtaking city panorama!

Dining in style



You can’t spell “luxury” without “dining”. Well, okay, you could, but dining plays a huge role here. This might not be a widely known fact, but Sydney is at the very top of the list of global dining cities and is renowned for the fact that it embraces styles and cuisines from all around the globe.

Located right on the upper deck of the Overseas Passenger Terminal, Quay is one of the most glamorous restaurants that this city has to offer. Hand-dived scallops, nasturtiums and umami broth evoke that feeling of luxury, and the price is perfectly fitting – the four-course tasting menus cost as much as $175.

For everyone who’s looking for a luxurious, romantic atmosphere, there’s Hubert, a wood-panelled candlelit place that primarily offers French culinary delights, but does take a few “excursions” out of this niche, food-wise.

If you’re into food that’s cooked over an open flame (or have yet to learn that you’re into it), you should stop byat Firedoor, established by Lennox Hastie from a multi-Michelin, Basque-based dining destination. We recommend that you visit this place as soon as you’ve landed, even if you are absolutely exhausted. The service here is simply otherworldly – the employees are more than keen on telling you what to visit in the neighbourhood. If you’re looking for a full-on luxury experience to go perfectly with this hotspot, consider opting for a chauffeur service at Sydney airport, and have them drive you straight there (and wherever you want to afterwards). This is the perfect way to start your luxurious exploration of Sydney.

Luxe accommodation



There is no luxury without a comfortable, high-end bed, so staying at a luxe hotel goes without saying.

If you don’t care too much about the décor and want a functional, fully-equipped apartment that is perfect for longer stays, think no further than the Quay West Suites.

However, if you want to feel and be treated like a true rock star, you should go with the Establishment. The fact that many indie and world-renowned acts often stay here should be enough. Finally, The Old Clare is your ultimate choice when it comes to accommodation. This luxurious boutique hotel spreads across two buildings, featuring an exclusive rooftop bar with an amazing view.

Offering high-end attractions, glamorous restaurants and luxurious hotels, Sydney is an extraordinary city that you should explore in style.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.34s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 40; dbt: 0.0509s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb