The day the "Zeli World Domination Organisation" was born


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Randwick
February 20th 2010
Published: February 27th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Woke up sideways on our bed, with Dempsey between Steph and I. We attacked him with shaving foam, a paint roller and a sweeping brush for being such a sneak! The girls got straight back on the wine to cure their hangovers, but I couldn’t stomach it. Steph’s toe was now severely bruised and bumpy. We feared it might be broken.
In Thailand, Ellie and I decided to be collectively known as Zeli, and have been accumulating other Zeli members along our travels. We decided to name it the Zeli World Domination Organisation, and created a set of terms and conditions for each joining member. Sam signed this ludicrous contract, which included rules that declared he must cuddle us when we demand; and adore us throughout this lifetime commitment.
Sam and Dempsey took us for lunch in Randwick to a bar with a rooftop terrace. The sun was out and we had to swap seats half way through our food, to a spot in the shade. My Chicken Schnitzel was heart-shaped :-)
Sam told us about a Golden Ticket agreement that his friends share. You can earn a Golden Ticket by doing something silly, courageous or downright ridiculous, and it means you can demand any of your friends take part in a dare or challenge, whatever you decide.
I had an afternoon nap while the girls continued on the wine. Sam had crashed and burned by the time I got up, and was lying face down on his sofa. Dempsey was keeping himself amused by taking full control of the music on iTunes while the girls were dancing on the balcony. We were really sad when the time came to pack our bags at 5pm and catch a taxi to the bus station. We’d booked our journey out of Sydney a few days ago, but none of us wanted to split up. We had some heartbreaking goodbye hugs then set off on the next part of our trip up the East Coast. The bus was late so we went in a nearby Bar for a glass of Rose, then boarded the busy Greyhound coach to Byron Bay. I was really lucky and ended up with a spare seat next to me, so I spread out and unexpectedly slept really well.



Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.132s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 26; qc: 115; dbt: 0.0986s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb