Climbing the Sydney Harbour Bridge!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Opera House
October 12th 2006
Published: October 12th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Wow- climbing the Sydney harbour bridge was one of the best experiences of my life! We got kitted up in the very attractive grey and blue suits and got a hat, hanky for the sweat!, radio and headset. They were so we could hear the leader talk to us. It was a really hot day but there was a nice breeze which kept us cool. The views of the Opera house were incredible and they took lots of photos that we could choose to pay extra for if we wanted them.

The whole thing took about 3 and a half hours and we were pretty exhausted afterwards. Our legs were very shaky on the way down too. I got a certificate at the end, a group photo and then paid extra for a photo of me and Kate with the opera house in the background. Afterwards we had a look in the gift shop then made our way to the bridge towers- the price of climbing those was included in the price of the bridge climb. It was harder work on our legs this time- lots of steps but we could take pics and video when at the top so it was worthwhile.

After that we wondered slowly back to the hostel, dumped our bags and then went for our free dinner. We've just been relaxing with the other guys in the hostel common room- sharing strories of our sight seeing and watching telly. They have a Jamie's Kitchen Australia- he's not in it much though. Going to do Bondi beach tomorrow which should be great- it's our last day in Sydney so we have to do some washing before we start our tour too :- ( ! Really can't be bothered but don't want to smell!

Missing everyone back home x x x


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



12th October 2006

xxx
Hi Bec Sounds like the Harbour Bridge was a fantastic experience! i think you've earned yourself some ice creams from all that walking! Enjoy the beach 2moro, or in a few hours! (can't get used to the time difference! so id turn off ur mobile at night or put it on silent!) Miss u lots xxx Carry on having fun! Laura xxx
13th October 2006

Hey Loop, we will enjoy the beach I'm sure. Gonna wear my tankini- don't think my figure can compare to all the bronzed beauties who'll probably be strutting their stuff! x

Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0195s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb