To: Technology RE: DIE DIE DIE


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Opera House
February 28th 2006
Published: February 28th 2006
Edit Blog Post

So last night i finally got round to going up the Sydney Tower. To be honest it hasn't got anything on the Sky Tower in Auckland, so it was a bit of a let down. You can only see a tiny bit of the opera house. You can see the bridge and things, but it was a bit underwhelming overall. The lift took about 3-4 minutes, compared to about 30 seconds in the auckland tower. OzTrek (moving-seat-simulation-amajig) was pretty cool, see in and around Australia.


So today i went to the Opera house. I walked from my hostel to the site, which took about 30 minutes ish. Good to get a view of the city on the way. Took some shots of the outside, including some of the harbour and the bridge. GOt onto a guided tour, took 2 photos of the inside and then the camera decides that now is a good time to go completely blank and erase all the photos i took. Great. I'm frantically trying to remember if there were any other important photos on there, and i think i've been lucky. Had a couple of photos from out the window at auckland hostel, but all the sky tower photos were on another card. I lost ALL the photos i took from Sydney tower, so you'll have to make do with an exterior shot. I had plenty of time to spare so i went round the opera house again (outside i mean, inside they didn't allow photos on any of the interesting bits) and re-took all the shots.

Finally today i walked up to the bridge. Got a couple of good pics of the opera house from the side with no obstructions, nice find i thought. Then the camera battery died. And so did the spare. I charged them up this morning honest, guess i'm too trigger happy. Anywho, i willed one of them back to life for a few final pictures up the underside of the bridge. Then i bought an ice cream and walked back to the hostel.

Thats all for now, i'm gonna go try and sort out a trip down to Melbourne, and somewhere to stay for a few nights. I can try and find somewhere to stay, or decide to head somewhere else. That's the plan anyway.

Long post, sorry.

Bye!


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Sydney Harbour BridgeSydney Harbour Bridge
Sydney Harbour Bridge

Note, if you can, the people climbing from left to right along the top.
Ye Olde Presbyterian church in the middle of SydneyYe Olde Presbyterian church in the middle of Sydney
Ye Olde Presbyterian church in the middle of Sydney

Right next to a significantly more modern church of Scientology.


4th March 2006

Sounds like you are having a wonderful time. Too bad that your camera keeps dying but the pictures that you have posted are great. Hope you find a job and apartment soon. Weather looks fantastic for you to do your sightseeing in. It is fun reading your journal. Keep having fun. Sheila

Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0371s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb