Opera House-A Different View


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Opera House
August 6th 2007
Published: August 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Most pictures of Sydney Opera House show it nestled under or in front of the Harbour Bridge, we have just been to see an Aboriginal Dance Show there so thought we take some close up pictures to give a different view.








The pedestrian approaches to the Opera House.




The following are close up views of parts of the building














































The above is a small restaurant, below it is the smallest theatre in the complex, it seats about 450 people.





The following are close ups to show the special self cleaning tiles that that were made for this project, some were replaced a few years ago.



















There are many visitors to the Opera House, here’s another.







About 200 metres away is the Harbour Bridge








If you look closely at the above you will see people on the top, they are taking part in the Bridge walk. Takes quite a while because you have to go through some safety training first and before you are allowed to go there is a breath test (including the guide).








Here we have Fort Denison, it was built to when we had a bit of a fall out with Russia and has cannons which can hit a very big slow moving ship if it comes really close. Later it was used as a gaol, the food was in short supply and it became know as Pinchgut. There is a speedboat near by, for $40 (£16) you can have a 20 minute ride around the harbour.








This is Brenda’s Landing, specially built for one of her visits, I think when she opened the Opera House.








The ferries pass very close to the Opera House; this is one of the larger ones, holds about 800 passengers and is used on the 40 minute run to Manly. Has a cafeteria and it is a very pleasant run through the harbour passing the Heads.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.231s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0446s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb