Newtown Revisited & Primo Italiano


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Newtown
May 26th 2008
Published: May 28th 2008
Edit Blog Post

I've had such a lovely weekend, I wanted to share it with you all! We decided on Saturday morning to head over to Newtown (where Amy and I stayed in what feels almost like a past life now!!). Nisha had never been so we just spent the afternoon going into all the cool and interesting shops, and watching all the cool and interesting people that inhabit Newtown (is a bit of a grungy student area - very cool!!).

While we were wandering we found THE most amazing bookshop! There were so many books crammed in and piled everywhere - it was unreal! After we'd amused ourselves in the bookshop we made our way back to a cafe that had caught our eye on the way passed - purely because it sold the most amazing looking cakes! If there's one thing the aussie's are quite good at it's coffee and cake!! Yummmm!!

Once we'd devoured our food and left the cafe several sizes bigger we made our way home - entertained at the bus stop by a guy making massive bubbles!!

Sunday was pretty uneventful until I decided to go and check out the Primo Italiano, Italina festival in Little Italy on my way home from town. Little Italy is a reall pretty couple of streets lined with the lovely little terraced houses they have over here - every other one of which has been turned into some sort of Italian restaurant or cafe - and they'd taken over the streets filling them with stalls selling Italian produce and food. You should have seen the queue for the pizza - it was insane! They had loads of entertainment out on - from Italian singers to instrumental groups and even Italian Kareoke (that's amore and one more cornetti being the main crowd pleasers). There was such an unbelieveable buzz it was so much fun. I think thats one of the things I love most about Sydney - there's something on almost every weekend, and they go all out for it! The next big event is the Jazz & Blues festival at Darling Harbour which coincides with Lucy's 21st Birthday weekend!! Yay!!

xxx


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Rainbow centralRainbow central
Rainbow central

Living in the gay district is most definately colourful


Tot: 0.128s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0781s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb