Days 21 & 22 - Some Admin Fun


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Manly
June 10th 2009
Published: June 10th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Alright, so now it's my turn to blog about the last 2 days. Boy do I get the fun ones!

Yesterday, we slept in and then did our usual walk to Manly along the beaches from Balgowlah, where Maja and Steve live. We had a fabulous lunch at Hugo's, a restaurant right on the water by the ferry that goes right into the CBD at Circular Quay. Hugo's was voted "Best Pizza in the World" in 2005 and has consistently won "Best Pizza in Australia" by various awarding bodies every year. Damn it, the pizza was tasty. We'll have to go back again. We've considered adapting our gelato rules to Hugo's pizzas.

We dropped off 4 rolls of 35mm film at the local shop, feeling like complete losers. Who uses 35mm film these days? Oh well, had to use them up! (Don't be surprised if you suddenly receive some prints in the post, we don't want to carry them around all summer). Then we went grocery shopping for dinner--we made burgers for the BBQ, if you'd like to know. Had a bit too much of some really good wine whilst the boys drank Aussie beer-wine. That's right, beer that's made partially with wine.

Today, we've done admin. All day long. I just took a photo of Shane for you, so you could see the excitement. Turns out there's lots to do when you're selling a house, preparing for school, booking trips and answering a very long list of unanswered emails. And blogging, of course.

Like I said, I get to talk about the super fun times. Good thing Maja and Steve will be home soon to have a yummy taco dinner together and chat about our day. And maybe drink more beer-wine.

How bad can life be when you get to see your closest friends every day who are normally so very far away? :o)

Advertisement



Tot: 0.038s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0199s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb