First 2 days in Sydney


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Manly
May 28th 2009
Published: May 28th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Wednesday, our first full day in Sydney, was rather relaxing. Maja was so excited by our arrival the night before that she took the day off work and the two of went went to the beach in Manly and did some grocery shopping. Having woken up at 4:30am, I was a bit spacey but pretty darn content. Shaney stayed home all day to recover from a dodgy airplane food experience. We have officially decided to take a page out of SarahKate and Andy's book and bring our own food on flights going forward.

I had made a secret appointment with Maja's bridal shop to get my bridesmaid dress made so off Maja and I went in the evening to sort it out. I got to see Maja in her dress, which was, as those of you that know Maja, nothing short of stunning. Can't add a pic in case Steveman sees but there will be loads in August. Hoorah for weddings!

We had a lot of fun later that night as we celebrated Shaney's birthday with homemade meatloaf, scalloped potatoes, butter tarts (he gets them every year for his birthday) and on my part, a bit too much of Kramer's very tasty vino. We slept in until 11am Thursday morning, it was brilliant.

Shane was still struggling a bit on Thursday but we did manage to get in a couple hours' walk to Manly and back, watching the surfers and enjoying some sun. As suspected, the Aussie winter is nicer than the British summer.

We're hoping to go into town tomorrow and get Kramer out of work early. It's just so perfect to be on holiday, staying with people who love us and not having to be anywhere but where we want to be!


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

The butter tartsThe butter tarts
The butter tarts

Thank you magic muffin maker machine.


29th May 2009

Yay!
Happy Belated Birthday to Shaney and so glad to hear things are going well in lovely Sydney!! xo J.

Tot: 0.294s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0946s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb