Days 6, 7 and a huge apology


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Manly
May 26th 2009
Published: May 27th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We're grouping days 6 & 7 together as it really was one long, uncomfortable day.

We're in Sydney!!

We stayed in the T5 Sofitel at LHR on Sunday night (so lovely) and took off Monday morning for Oz, arriving last night on Shane's birthday (23 hour flight). It was really not a fun birthday for him as we were stuck on a plane for most of it, so we're going to be celebrating today (Wednesday).

We're really sorry for basically lying to all our family, friends and workmates for the last couple of months. It's been really tough! Our "UK Driving Tour" portion of our trip was indeed made up. And why did we do this? So Kramer, Shane and I could watch Maja have a heart attack. Quite sadistic, we know, but it was totally worth it! We arrived at about 19:45 last night and she was totally blown away! Way too much fun.

So we've got 6 weeks of Australian heaven, hanging with Maja and Steve, and of course, lots of travelling! And somewhere to unpack our bags and do laundry...it's the simple things that matter sometimes. :o)

No pictures included in this blog as you do not want to see what we looked liked after that awful (but worth it) plane ride.

Sorry again for our major fib!

Advertisement



27th May 2009

woohoo!
You guys are so sneaky! I'm sure it was all worth the surprise, well done! Hope you enjoy OZ. Say hello to Sydney for us and enjoy your travels. Big hugs!

Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0221s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb