Week 14- Sydney


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Kings Cross
November 19th 2014
Published: December 5th 2014
Edit Blog Post

We got up this morning and went to meet Hugh. He used to work at Madame Tussaud's in London and so had free passes for us to get in! I don't normally like Madame Tussaud's but this one was really fun! We posed for loads of hilarious photos. In the evening Hugh came round and had some drinks in our Hostel, then he went home and Alex and I went out to side bar with Jorge and Jasper.
The next morning we watched the Emperors New Groove with Josh, our new roommate! In the evening we went to visit my cousin Shane and his girlfriend Heather for dinner. We had Brie and crackers to start, a ROAST DINNER!!! and a baked chocolate cheesecake for dessert... It was all amazing ... Especially after living on pasta for weeks! The next morning was 36 degrees!!! We decided to go to the pool near us as it has some shaded areas. We were there all day before going to Pizza Hut then heading to the Sydney Bridge Climb which my mum had bought me for my birthday! We spent about an hour getting kit on and having practice runs on using the equipment. We got out on the bridge and it was crazy windy (captured in one of the photos!) the views were really cool and we learnt all about the bridge and some of the sites. When we got to the top there was a random fireworks display, the tour woman said she had no idea why there was one and we were just lucky. It was amazing to see them over the harbour, a little taster before the New Year ones! The next morning I went for a run to the botanical gardens then watched the fix and the hound with Josh and Alex! Then in the evening we went out with some girls, Laurie and Emma from our hostel. The next morning we were a little hungover and watched Aladdin. In the evening we just chilled with some people in the hostel, we didn't drink but everyone else was which was funny. We decided to watch a very weird film called Filth with Alan and Paul. The next morning we went to the beach with Ash, Paul and Max, in the evening we chilled and had an early night! The next morning we woke up at 8.59... And had 1 minute to get breakfast!! Then Alex and I went to Bondi and shopped for a bit, then to the beach. In the evening we viewed an apartment for New Year but the price changed so we didn't get it!



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.104s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0461s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb