fun fun fun!!!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Kings Cross
July 3rd 2009
Published: July 3rd 2009
Edit Blog Post

hey hey! so were finally in sydney!
last days of byron bay were a bit boring, wed planned to go to nimbin but no-one got up in time for the bus so that fell through! left byron on the monday and went straight to mojo surf camp where we had a free surfing lesson! katy can already surf so she was just tweaking her skills and had the most pics taken from the whole group as was the only person who could stay on their board more than several times in a row. I managed to stay on around 7 or 8 times, which i am quietly proud of as its harder than it looks especially for your first try.
that evening we sat around a campfire just chilling but had to get up at 6am the next morning!!!!! so we all went to bed fairly early.
after leaving surfcamp we had an 9 hour bus drive to sydney (including stops) and were staying in a lovely cute hostel thats really cheap and reminds us of the hostels you stayed in on school trips! that evening we trawled the streets for somewhere cheap to eat until we stumbled across an indian, which i thought was lovely but no-one else like their meals 😊 we also had a look at sydney opera house which was stunning at night!
our first day sightseeing we opted to get onto a sydney sightseeing bus trip, which was hop-on-hop-off all day so we explored george street (major shopping street) aswell as the quay and sydney wharf which were all lovely. we hopped off at cockle bay wharf and visited sydney aquarium (which is known to be one of the best in the world) which was definatley worth the visit. we saw crocs, sharks, dugongs (sea cows), nemos etc aswell as your basic fishies, definatley worth the visit!
after doing some food ing we got back on the bus home and i had a bit on an accident:- we had a really erratic and horrible bus driver who had terrible road rage and a white range rover sarted to pull into our lane infront of us at which point he put his horn on full trying to edge him out. he was getting closer and closer until he had to slam his breaks on so we wouldnt crash,at which point we all went flying forward as did our shopping bags. my head went slamming into a wall causing me to fall to the floor and i burst into tears but katy had her first aid skills and took care of me. loads of other passengers were having a go at him at which point he turned really nice to all of us, but we complained to the company the next day and i was ok but had a headache for the next 2 days.
next day we went to the botanical gardens which were lovely and had a walk along the coast up to the opera house. we had a wonder inside and me and katy booked tickets to see spontaneous broadway on her birthday (sunday) -we have 2nd row seats!!! after that we went to paddys markets which are in chinatown and are full of weird and wonderful objects. that night we decided to go out as a group for katys birthday and booked onto a pub crawl, which was fun.
today in the morning i decided to go up sydney tower and planned to do a skywalk but it was too windy so they cancelled it 😞 but i still got to see stunnign views of sydney and had a pass to go on a simulator taking you through areas and times from australias history which was rather funny 😊
then katy joined and we went onto sydney harbour bridge which was very windy so didnt stay there long, and after a bite to eat went to the museum of contemporary art, which unfortunately was a bit of a let-down as majority of it was films and photographs, there wasnt alot of paintings or sketches etc which i found gutting.
not doing anything tonight but our mates are leaving us tomorrow to go to melbourne so probably just going to be chilling.
missing you all loads, but were coming home in 3 weeks!!!!!! xxxxxxxx

Advertisement



3rd July 2009

WOW!
Hey all sounds good! Surf camp sounds cool : ) Lots bin goin on here, had dance show rehearsals on WEdnesday and Thursday then dances show on thursday. 2day was sports day i got sunburn but it was good. I did rowing machine 500m in 2 min 35.sumthin seconds which i am pleased about! 2nite am goin 4 sleepout at guide leaders house as part of charity thing. Have fun in New Zealand xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx : )
6th July 2009

Alex & Katy
just caught up with your blogs. You seem to behaving a whale of a time, good on you! We really envy you having been to the Opera House. Make the best of your remaining time. New Zealand is well worth a visit, take it easy on the Ski Slopes. Looking forward to seeeing you soon. Lots of love.

Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.023s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0223s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1017.8kb