09 04 2010


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Harbourside
April 9th 2010
Published: April 9th 2010
Edit Blog Post

09 04 2010

Ok readers, so we have got to Sydney and it is our first full day. What a great place with loads to see and boat trips to go everywhere with stunning views. We realised there was loads more to see in Sydney itself. Wendy had unfinished business in Myers and I needed a hair cut. As a result we got to the city centre about 1100 and split up. Wendy never got out of Myers initially and had a shopping fix to satisfy. I got a buzz cut for $10 which wasn’t bad for the middle of a city.

We did team up after a while and then got immersed in Sydney central plaza and the Queen Victoria building. Never knew there were so many shops, which together could lead women to shopping overdose.

For a break we then wandered into the Royal Botanic gardens. The big surprise there was the huge colony of bats. They were in all the trees and constantly bickering. They were the biggest bats we had ever seen. There were also huge spiders with webs just above our heads. The colours on them didn’t come out on the photos but they would give you a shock to bump into.

The walk finishes with the Opera house which is a huge building up close. There were a lot of people getting ready for the Dextrose marathon. I was upset to find out my late entry was refused. I think it is on this weekend.

We then found a water taxi and got back to our apartment. Wendy decided to do the blog for the previous 2 days and I have just seen the spelling errors, sorry to those affected.

We aim to go to Taronga zoo tomorrow. At present just not walking and slobbing out in front of the TV with a glass of wine is therapy enough.




Additional photos below
Photos: 47, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



9th April 2010

A Haircut!!!
WHY?????? LOL

Tot: 0.121s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 14; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0641s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb