Giant Rubber Ducks


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Darling Harbour
November 30th 2011
Published: December 13th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Jo had an early start with our flat mate Jess today, as they went to watch the 8am rubber duck racing in Darling Harbor. The V8 Sydney 500 Races are on at the old Olympic Park at the weekend so the V8 drivers have been signed up for some local publicity stunts in the week leading up to it – this was one of the more embarrassing ones.

The rubber ducks were inflatable’s about 3metres tall which the drivers had to climb inside and use paddles to get themselves around the course in Darling Harbor. They were also up against a couple of V8 Fans who had ‘won’ the chance to race against them in a rubber duck. The V8 fans could have perhaps benefitted from a little training as they were left for dust, spinning themselves in circles and falling out into the harbor on more than one occasion, whilst the V8 drivers made light work of the course!

There was a new car up for grabs if the fans beat the V8 drivers in the race, but hopes were low to none as the V8 drivers were close to finishing their second and final lap, whilst the fans were still trying to scramble their way back into the duck half way around their first lap!

Definitely an original way to start the day, and in case you was wondering the fans lost by a mile but they still got the new car!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.107s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 15; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0393s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb