Sydney


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Darling Harbour
April 4th 2008
Published: April 13th 2008
Edit Blog Post

After a gruelling overnight bus from Melbourne to Sydney we arrived early in the morning. Again we couldn't check into the hostel so dumped our bags into storage and had a wander around. We went for a walk along Cockles bay, right around to the maritime museum before coming back through China Town.

We then went to the Sydney observation tower to catch some awesome views of Sydney and go on a simulation ride - Oz Trek which gave us an insight into some of the highlights to Australia.

Finally we could check into Base - which did not live up to expectations, it was okay but the kitchen lacked even the basic essentials like tin openers! - cooking dinner of Jacket Potato with cheese and beans even proved difficult!!

The afternoon was spent walking through Hyde Park and the Botanical Gardens to the Opera House for some scenic pictures and chilling out in the parks.

Our second day in Sydney was filled with clear blue skies so we made a trip to Manly Beach to catch some sun as well as some amazing views of the Harbour on the journey to and from Manly. Later that evening we met up with Mike, a friend of Sarah's dad. He was really nice and gave us lots of tips for Australia. He also took us out for dinner at a Spanish restaurant which was lush! the food was amazing.
After saying goodbye, our evening continued with the famous Goon drinking before ending up in the 3 Wise Monkeys pub where we danced the night away....

On Sunday we met up with Ben Higham, Ben Hornby and his wife Fi. They took us to the Redbull Flugtag in Mrs Macquarie Point before showing us around the Rocks Market. On the way to the Rocks we saw a contortionist who managed to fit herself into a 16 x 16 inch box!!
We then experience our first Aussie BBQ back at Ben and Fi's place where we chilled out, tried our hands at Digeridoo playing and had some good steak.

This is the end off our first stint in Sydney as its to the Blue Mountains for the next few days....

Amy xxx



Advertisement



Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0315s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1014.8kb