Aussie Aussie...


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Darling Harbour
January 28th 2008
Published: January 28th 2008
Edit Blog Post

...Aussie - Oi oi oi! From Melbourne, we hired another car to get back to Sydney for Australia day. yet again the hire company tried to give us a hatchback, but after a brief discussion we unded up with a brand new mitsubishi saloon with a 3.8litre semi automatic engine! such a nice car, really smooth, and lots of gadgets. it made me realise why people buy those sorts of cars!

We drove down to wilsons prom, which is the southern most point of australia and then along to lakes entrance where we spent the night. then up to canberra before heading back to Sydney. Another fun roadtrip. One of the best things was stopping in random little towns. it was so much better than the bus would have been, we got to go where and when we wanted, and despite doing a pretty big detour it still worked out cheaper!

Saturday was Australia Day, which celebrates the day Europeans first settled on Australian soil. I spent it down by the opera house in the sun. we had some good food and watch the boat parade and arial displays before heading over to the rocks to watch some live music with some cold beers. in the evening we headed over to darling harbour to watch the fireworks. they were some of the best i've ever seen, much more impressive than new year because we were right underneath them! Everyone was in a good mood after that so it was a good night out, helped by knowing someone behind a bar who provided lots of free drinks and shots!

anyway that brings me up to date! my flight to New Zealand is Saturday morning, cant wait, just booked on to the Stray bus which is a hop on hop off style backpackers tour bus.

hope every one is well, and keep sending your messages - it's good to know how you are all getting along!

David/Lofty


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 16; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0328s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb