Waoah it really is such a beautiful city!!!


Advertisement
Published: May 27th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We're 2 minutes away from the QVB which is a massive shopping centre s thought we'd check it out but being Sunday it wouldnt open until 10. Oh well back to Darling Harbour to catch a cruise. Its a beautiful day for it. Amelie is already tired, this is gona be fun (or not)

Circular Quay is our 1st stop and I am gobsmacked when I see Opera House and Harbour Bridge. It's so massive. HB took 7 years to be built.
We have a walk around and climb the stairs up to check out the inside but you have to pay (doh!) It contains five theatres, five rehearsal studios, two main halls, four restaurants, six bars and numerous souvenir shops.


The building and its surroundings truly form an iconic Australian image.

We then took a walk to the Rocks w/e markets, had lunch there and tried to do some souvenir shopping but Amelie is restless. Its just great to have come that time of the year as it's quiet enough, apart from the japanese and chinese tourists getting all excited with their cameras going snap snap snap.

Back on the boat, we past Watsons Bay. She finally falls asleep and misses Luna Park which she would have liked, we could have gone on the kiddie rides. Oh well she was desperate for that nap.

Heading off back to the now familiar Darling harbour for another look at the shops @ Harbour Rise and dinner at a pancake restaurant. Then back to the hotel to watch Grey's anatomy( Hey its not cause we're on hols that I would miss my favorite program Ha ha)

LESSON OF THE DAY: Toddlers are not necessarly interested in sightseeing. They may prefer to spend the day going up and down stairs and ramps cause its more fun.







Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0232s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb