Dianne Bruce Anne & Dennis as Matesontour


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Castle Hill
August 10th 2007
Published: August 10th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hi,

Well a while since we last wrote but have had wonderful weather in Airlie Beach and all down the coast .

As we left Airlie Beach we visited Horizons Resort and then called into Lagoona Keys Golf Resort after which time we ventured to Mackay, Sarina and Yeppoon. We had a few days at Yeppoon and caught up on some R & R for 3 days before heading off again to Gradstone had a tiki tour around Gladstone and visited the old Boles Street Caravan Park which is now an housing estate.

Off further down the track to Tannum Sands which was also beautiful but no vacancies at the Caravan Park nor any TV reception if there had have been any vacancies so we head further down to Agnes Water.

Agnes Water & 1770 was very pretty tried another hand at beach fishing Anne, Dennis and Bruce did some sun sitting and we went out for a couple of nights for Dinner with a cousin of mine and all had a good night.

After 3 more days we headed for Bundaberg to a place called Baraga. We could only get one powered site so Anne & Dennis Spent the night there after we went Turtle Watching and we headed further down to Maryborough - Anne & Dennis caught up the next day we spent time here with Bruces brother and had another tiki tour around Hervey Bay and Burrum Heads some nice land and views in these two places.

Anne & Dennis Headed back to Brisbane as they had been to the sunshine coast on numerous occasions so we followed a day later after visiting, Noosa to Caloundra.

From Caloundra we headed west to Australia Zoo - Steve Irwin Country, on to Kilcoy, Somerset Dam, Esk and on to Ipswitch to visit an old Secretary of mine from St george days.

We then went and stayed at another relatives and had a great time touring around before heading to Anne & Dennis's house.

We could only stay 1 night because we then went and visited another friends son, Jason. An old work colleague for those who are on this Blog it was Narelle Hall from ACFL days 19 years ago. The we visted Anne's daughter and a friend who is in a nursing home in Tweed Heads.

Eventually we arrive 80k's north od Grafton. The next day Thursday we head south to our Daughter Angela's house but on the way we visit Moonee Beach just south of Woolgooga followed by Taylors Arm (The Pub With No Beer) this place was reaaly exceptional and the best food and also cheap if you have not been then it is well worth the trip. We arrived at Angelas about 6pm Thursday night spent to-day washing and cleaning the Van and Car as there is no water restrictions here. To morrow I am taking the 2 Grandaughters shopping and the Grandson fishing before leaving at 3pm to return home and have dinner with my Mum Luarna and Todd.

The reason we have had to rush the last part of the journy is our GST is due in on Monday so I guess there is no rest for the wicked but we have had an excellent trip all we have to do is work out houw much it has cost.

Kevin, Angela's husband has just fixed the DVD we had copied that was done incorrectly stopping us from sending photos but will try and download a few for those of you who are interested.

Please excuse all the spelling mistakes I don't get time to go back and check and there is no spell check on the Travelblog.

Until our next trip ....... Goodbye and Adios from Matesontour - Dianne Bruce, Anne & Dennis.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0249s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1021.8kb