Merry Beach and Pebbly Beach


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » South Coast
October 21st 2009
Published: December 9th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Robert and the PossumRobert and the PossumRobert and the Possum

Just about to jump up on Robert's lap
This morning Steve did some work on the caravan, minor repairs. In the afternoon we left Robert and Tracy to relax at the van and we went for a drive on the Forest Road to Pebbly Beach. The road was dirt but the car handled it well. The drive through the National Park and back to the van took about 4hours. There had been a fire in the National Park and quite a lot of the bush had been burnt.
In the evening we had lots of possums visiting us. They seemed to be attracted to Robert and tried to jump onto his lap while we were eating dinner. It was hilarious! The possums then started climbing up the van poles and running along the canvas and the roof. Poor Robert and Tracy were woken up at night with their noisy antics. Steve and I were very fortunate, they did not climb onto our van at all.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Steve at Kioloa BeachSteve at Kioloa Beach
Steve at Kioloa Beach

This was a lovely spot. Belowla Island is just off the coast.
Pebbly BeachPebbly Beach
Pebbly Beach

An isolated spot. It took a while to get to along a dirt road.
Lots of Ant HillsLots of Ant Hills
Lots of Ant Hills

along the roadside in the Forest.


9th December 2009

wildlife abounds
wherever you go! I really enjoyed looking at your blog Sue. Can you get it sent as an alert by email when you do it, as I didn't know it was there.
13th December 2009

Yes Carrie
Will do. x
19th December 2009

I have never seen
an ant hill in real life! it is huge!! And another lovely beach.....

Tot: 0.193s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 11; qc: 68; dbt: 0.0964s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb