"Bad Boy"


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Shellharbour
February 1st 2009
Published: February 2nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Day 86

As you have may or may not gathered by now, we like to put what we call a snappy tag line up for each day of the blog, things like day 1 or day 26 just doesn’t do it but titles like secrets on the lake, naughty wombats or even little India should be more enticing to our readers.

Some days are so much easier to do than others, some days we sit at the end of an evening still pondering what yesterday's blog is going to be called , still seeking some inspiration, where other times it just falls in your lap.

Today is the 1st of February (White Rabbits) and it is 08.41 in the morning, Caroline has gone for her morning wash and as I type this can see her walking back, I am typing this “real time” for me anyway. The sun is warm, I’ve got my 2nd cup of tea of the morning and Caroline’s is also done with a lid on it to keep it warm.

At around 7.01 this morning I was awoken by the sounds of voices, there is a track at the end of our pitch that is a public walk to the beach, I look out of my window, on my side of the camper trailer, well its not a window, but a plain old mozzy net, that we leave open to get a cool breeze in the night. A woman walks past walking two (2) Golden Labradors, and two elderly guys certainly in their
70’s walk past, in nothing but bathers (Trunks) or Budgie Smugglers as Caroline calls them, with towels over their shoulders.
On the back of one of the guys trunks, and like I said is in his 70’s is “Bad Boy”, that just tickled me and I thought what an easy name to today’s blog.

I am reliably informed that the "Bad Boy" range was from Billabong some 15 years earlier, sothose trunk's he's got are wearing well. !!

We type the blog retrospectively, so it’s a true account of what actually happened the day before. If we publish it at say 8.00pm Australian time, then our UK readers have it for the beginning of that day, the day that it is actually being typed for, obviously it would not be feasible to be correct for every time zone around the world.

We have got to move our camp position today, when we took the position it was a cancellation and it was for two days when I tried to extend it, we could have an extra three days but we had to move position as someone was coming in to the spot we were in for 32 days.
Apparently these sites overlooking the Ocean are virtually impossible to book at short notice as they are so well liked, It would be fair to say that if we had only the two days then we would have been grateful for such a beautiful spot, but to have to move positions 4 places away, is still not bad.

As we had to take the trailer down so to speak and re erect it, we didn’t get finished until around 12.30 then I went off to get a shower. We sat around for an hour and had tea, well the empire marched on it. then we went out to our favourite WiFi provider to “upload The Dog with a silent bark” (Yesterdays blog), unfortunately we had trouble getting a decent connection so gave up and went grocery shopping. Unlike our home in the UK, we don’t have a big pantry were we can keep everything, we are limited on space and have to get our provisions on a regular basis.

Once that was out of the way we went back to MacDonald’s and eventually got an internet connection.

We are caught between a rock and a hard place; we are finding the blog very demanding. We had hoped that we would have more interaction from others on it, i.e. what is going on in your lives too. Although for us it has turned out to be a newspaper and an excellent way of recording details of our travels into an electronic diary. We do enjoy writing the blog and we are pleased that there are so many people reading it.

Every day we are constantly having to find somewhere to upload it and that is starting to be a bit of a pain, yes it is great that McDonalds have free wifi and even better when it works, but often we are finding that the connections are slow, uploading is slow and when you think that you have uploaded everything the internet goes down and you lose everything. That would be fine if we were blogging on a weekly basis.

Of course all of this takes time out of our day when we should otherwise be doing what we came over here to do, so we are going to try and make it easier on ourselves and find a better way, even if it is having to purchase a ‘dongle’ and use prepaid internet which allows us more flexibility in remaining at our campsite to do the blog instead of chasing around the vicinity. Blogging will get tricky in certain areas of Australia, where there is less population there tends to be no Internet.

We get back around five and put stuff away, I have a snooze whilst Caroline files away the 1000 photo’s we took for January alone.

We had one of our bets, earlier, the one who guessed the blog hits for January and were furthest away would have to cook dinner and wash up. Caroline had guess at 2538 and I had guessed 2547, the hits that we received for January were 2584, so Chicken Jalfrezi come to daddy.

Out of being a decent husband I washed up !!

We were just sitting after dinner with our chairs facing the sea, and our feet on the bar the divides the camp site from the path, Bill our old neighbour from Four spaces up had walked the two sausage dogs past, and asked if we would like to go and have tea with them, and we did so for the rest of the evening.

It wasn't so windy last night and when we went to bed we looked at the thermometer and it was reading 26 Degree's, at 10.30 in the evening.

Night bloggers we are off to bed.





















Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0414s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb