Sydney - Port Macquarie


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Port Macquarie
March 27th 2007
Published: March 27th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Dragged myself out of bed and made my way to the grey hound stop across the road (7:00am).

Caught the greyhound which was relatively busy. Turns out a fare few people would be getting off at port Macquarie.

It was a 6hour journey and on the way we stopped off at Newcastle. Most people tend to spen a night here on their way north. I decided not too as I need some beach time and had enough of cities. Besides it didnt look that great as we drove through (was an old steel town.)

During the journey north it rained all the way except when we stopped for lunch and apon arrival at Port Macquarie.

I was then picked up at the coach station by the free hostel bus service (nice touch.) e were given a tour of the small seaside town.

The centre was nothing to write home about (although essentially thats what Im doing now.)

The Hostel (ozzie Pozzie) was nice family business. Most rooms opening to a courtyard with hamocks and small aplm trees.

Went for strole through the centre (very ordinary but with everything you need.) Then made my way to the Town Beach. Before getting to the beachs you have to climb up to a to a lovely point that overlooks the coastal area (port entry and local beachs)

This area is in really nice surrounded parkland and there is a scenic walkway that takes you past all 7 of Port Macquaires beachs.

Went food shopping.

Got back to the hostal, finished my book. Then cooked some dinner.

Later played poker (2 dollars each in, winner takes all, second gets his money back.) with 4 german guys. Wasnt sure if they were trying to wind me up or scare me but apparently so they were telling me that they reqularly played in casinos and a couple of the guys were reading up on how to become better players.
To be honest with you they werent all that! Managed to come second in the first game but despite being first one out in the second they were quite readable most of the time and all the games were quite close. They werent the card sharks they made themselves out to be - yet.

Went to bed lateish in what I can only describe as a childs bed. My legs were dangling over the end by some way.



Advertisement



29th March 2007

Bed
How did the child feel about you sleeping in its bed? Do you not remember from Fawlty Towers - it's the German women that are the good card players.
8th April 2007

Bed
Trust you Devs to pick up on that one!!

Tot: 0.148s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 18; qc: 86; dbt: 0.1081s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb