Crashed Pavlova


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Nangus
December 22nd 2009
Published: December 24th 2009
Edit Blog Post

DAY 410



I Skyped Mum and Dad first thing this morning, I was still getting over my cold so Mum was about to tell me to go to bed with a hot water bottle, but then remembered that it was morning over here and because of the heat you wouldn’t really want a hot water bottle. They are surrounded by snow, but for how long I don’t know it is still very cold over there but I am sure the rain will come soon.

The scenario here is so different, the temperatures are in the high 30’s, everyone hopes for rain, especially on Christmas Day, because there will least likely be a fire.

A day of cooking and cleaning today, I am still not feeling up to much but while Andy and Helen beetle around doing things I occupy myself with wrapping the remainder of the Christmas presents for Helen, I do hope that I got the right labels on the parcels!

Helen was cooking a Pavlova and had taken the finished item out of the oven and was resting in the pantry out of harms way, on what could only be described as a
Here's looking a you KidHere's looking a you KidHere's looking a you Kid

DJ looks at Caroline Soulfully
shelf in a precarious position. Much to Helens disgust it came off the tray and crashed on to the floor smashing into pieces, end of Pavlova number 1. Helen had to make Pavlova number 2 to compensate.

Andy went out to the back veranda and gave it a good sweeping through which took a few hours, still it kept him out of mischief, but when it was finished it did look nice and he was pleased with his efforts.

Helen did all the windows in the house, which I had promised to do, but I just felt too lousy to do, I was just doing the lighter tasks around the house.

The workers all came in and we all had a cup of tea, the temperature of the day was getting up, Andy had listened to the weather news on the radio this morning they said that today was going to be 37, whilst tomorrow is expected to be 39 degree’s and Thursday would just top 40 and it may even rain on Friday with a top of 26.

We were all sitting having out tea when the house phone rang it was a company in Junee phoned who had a parcel for us which we have been expecting. It could have been one of two possible parcels, parcel one is a present we have brought for the Wendy house, which is a draw bar trunk to put bits and pieces in, or the other parcel is from Andy’s sister, which are two jars of Marmite, some knickers from Marks and Spencer’s and Andy’s favourite shaving cream from Taylor’s of Old Bond Street in London, as he is still shaving with his cut throat razor.

As we, well Andy and Jason had done an oil change on the Patrol the other night, Andy was just checking the oil and was topping it up to the desired level when we decided that we would shoot into Junee to collect the parcel from JJ Glasses and co.
Andy slammed the bonnet shut and we both jumped in, with the shopping list from Helen and we were off, heading out of Nangus.

For some strange reason we missed our turn, I think it was because we were looking at the remnants of the fire the other day over at Roberts Brothers place, where his hay had spontaneously combusted and the smoke was still in the air.

Well, we went sailing past our turning and ended up in Illabo, which is about 17k’S from our intended destination of Junee, whilst driving along Andy said that he didn’t think that he put the oil filler cap back on the engine, but the engine oil fault light nor the temperature read out was a concern so he would wait until we got to Junee.

Well we pull up out side JJ Glasses, Andy pulled the bonnet catch and opened it, complimented with a lot of swearing, yep, he had forgotten to put the oil cap back on the engine and oil had sprayed up in side the bonnet. Andy suggested we let the motor cool down and go and pick up our parcel, so we went in to see what had turned up.

Well much to our surprise a huge parcel was waiting for us, which was obviously the draw bar trunk for the Wendy House which surprised us as it had only been posted on Saturday over 1400k’s away, and it arrived this morning, not bad. We are still waiting for our goodies from England, but perhaps they are held up in customs.

The fella gave us a trolley, we wheeled the trunk and loaded it in to the car, the next thing we had to do was work out how we were going to fix our minor/major problem.

The only thing for it was drive another 40k’s In to Wagga to a Nissan dealer and pick up a new oil filler cap, but more to the point we did not want to loose any more oil, so the only temporary thing we could do was stuff a rag in to the hole after topping up the oil which Andy had in the back and take it steady all the way to Wagga.

Well we finally arrived in Wagga and pulled up outside the Nissan dealer and went in, sidling up top the parts reception we asked for a filler cap for a 2005 3.0 litre diesel Nissan Patrol, the chap told us every thing about the said filler cap, the only thing he didn’t manage to tell us was that had to specially order the item.

Andy did his best grumpy old man impression grumbling that everything is “Just in Time” the fella said it would be in at 9.00 am tomorrow morning so we headed back to Woodstock after checking the oil level to make sure we had not lost any more Liquid Gold.

We got back and told Helen all about our incident and she asked excitedly if the Marmite had turned up, but we said that it was the draw bar trunk. I asked Helen if we could use her car and go and look for our lost oil cap, she asked that whilst we were out, would we go down to Merryville and collect some eggs and bring them back.

We looked hard for the oil cap but no joy, so tomorrow its another 20.00 bucks, but as instructed went in to Merriville and raided the Chooks eggs in Jason’s basket, then went to see Candy and her puppies who are all moving around and squeaking, they are absolutely beautiful and Candy lets you pick them up but still watches over her babies very carefully. The puppies congregate around our legs and a couple of them start biting our toes, others are just interested in what’s in the food bowl.

Caroline sat and read and then finished off one of the blog’s that was outstanding as we wanted to get on top of them and I went off and feed the dogs, Andy went and gave the dogs their dog nuts and the feed that was in their dog barrel which consisted of bones and stuff that they like.

When Andy came back we sat down and had our evening meal, which were left overs from past meals, like Tortellini and Curry it was great, the curry just seems to improve with age and it was doing wonders for Caroline’s cold.

We all sat down, read our books and watched some TV I decided to retire at about 9.30 pm as Caroline was watching, Piers Morgan interview Danni Minogue on TV, I had absolutely no interest in that so I though I would catch up on my beauty sleep.

We forgot to mention yesterday that Andy & Helen had to take one of Jason’s Chooks to the Vets to send it to Chicken Heaven, Andy said there was a hugely over weight Labrador that had a sun burnt nose.

So until tomorrow Bloggers another day closer to Santa!




Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Going DutchGoing Dutch
Going Dutch

On Dinner


Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0409s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb