Joe Blogs - Head Out On The Highway


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Merimbula
March 8th 2012
Published: March 8th 2012
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: Quick Round With The Lads 19 secs
2: Then Off To The Bar 22 secs
Next stop was a small township called Metung, a couple of hundred miles up the coast. Rained for most of the day, some mountains and plains, relatively uneventful (plus I slept most of the way)! Metung itself only has one restaurant and one pub (which closed when we left) though the surrounding countryside was beautiful (Metung is on the shore of a massive lake system).

Today we drove another 200 miles up the ocast to a place called Merimbula, rich forest all the way. It was very much like driving through the forest in the Lakes, but over 200 miles of it (continuous)! Again, it rained all day. Apparently Sydney has had one month's of rainfall in one day today (one in a hundred year's event). Not sure what will be there when we arrive in three days !!

Pulled into the motel (it's not all penthouse suites and champagne you know) and turns out there is a golf course across the road. What luck! Just enough time to get in a quick eighteen holes before dinner. So, we togged up, got the clubs out and blow me down if the bladdy roos hadn’t booked the whole course before us. It was overrun with them, we're have never seen so many kangaroos in our lives (and some of them were massive - we now know the difference between wallabies and roos) !!

We were starting to think that kangaroos were a bit like deer at home, you see them occasionally from a distance, but that’s about it. Turns out we were wrong. These were all wild and stood a few yards from us (wearing plus fours too). Amazing!! The wild birds are amazing too. Bright red heads and blue plumage (rainbow laurakeets).

It seems in Australia that every corner we turn there is something amazing to be seen. Wonder what tomorrow will bring?


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



10th March 2012

Sydney?
Hi Both. Just caught up with your blog. Were the roos any good at golf? Looking forward to the Sydney bit now. XXX

Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.049s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb