Joe Blogs - Lookin' For Adventure


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Kiama
March 11th 2012
Published: March 11th 2012
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: Kiama Blowhole 15 secs
2: Jazz In The Park 47 secs
How many times have you thought “If only I lived somewhere that has sun, sea, its own blowhole and a live jazz/blues festival every year” ?

I think I might have just found the ideal place for you – Kiama, 100 miles south of Sydney.

Of course, I am aware that everyone has their own blowhole, some more active than others (and some with more than one!) so what’s the big deal?

Well, this blowhole belongs to everyone and it’s huge (mmm, I suppose that could be said of other blowholes too).

On top of that, add a live jazz music festival, and you’ve got it made. Live jazz noodling out of every restaurant and café, day and night. It’s hard to put it into words. Perhaps some poetry:

Noodle
Doodle
Nibbly noo.
Scabba-dab-a-dibbly
Yabba-dabba-doo.
Another schooner of Fat Yak please mate.
No worries.

Foodle
Boodle
Widdly woo.
Baba-rama-bibbly
Rooby-rooby-roo.
Another schooner of DogBolter please mate.
No worries.

During our stay in Down Under (pants), we can’t help but notice how nice everyone is and how laid back they are. Everyone calls each other mate (or darling) and everyone says “no worries” all the time. I think the “no worries” thing permeates the whole culture and allows for a more laid back approach to everything. What’s our equivalent in Britain I wonder - Sit on this?

I was talking to Moi’s cousin Veronica the other day about the British attitude and she said she remembered being in England and hearing the weather forecast. It was “Dull and dreary” !! I mean come on, a bit of cloud and some rain, can’t we have a more upbeat way of saying it ( eg. the Irish say “a grand soft day” ). I have come to the sad conclusion that we are just a miserable race.

Don’t get me wrong. Australia is not Utopia. The cost of living is high (though that’s probably more a reflection of the poor value of the pound), and they charge for everything (bit like the British), but the sun shines, and the people like to enjoy themselves (who doesn’t?) and they seem to like each other (how utterly alien!!).

So, snap out of it Britain. We’re all alive on a planet for the blink of an eyelid, all of us sharing this moment together, right now, surrounded by miracles Goddammit. OK, so it rains. Does it have to be dull and dreary?

Bla bla news. Economic doom. Bla bla news. Never been this bad. Bla bla news. Pension age raised, work ‘til you die. Bla bla news. And now the weather. Dull and dreary.

Go upstairs to bed right now Britain, without any tea, and don’t come down until you’ve wiped that miserable look off your face !


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



13th March 2012

Travelling Maps
GoproTravelling- A Travel planner is offering you best travelling plans to make your trip memorable. Review and compare and share your travelling tips, ideas and plans with your most lovable friends and the peoples all over the world.

Tot: 0.107s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0661s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb