Manly Beach - Sydney


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Manly
November 4th 2012
Published: November 22nd 2012
Edit Blog Post

Manly BeachManly BeachManly Beach

Ahhh so relaxing to lay on the beach all day!
Sydney was a blast but we were all so exhausted from those last couple days and needed to relax. It was perfect timing because we had already booked the next three nights in a hostel on the outskirts of Sydney at Manly Beach (11/4/12-11/7/12). Bird’s friend Rose lives there so Bird would be able to visit her and Rose could also show us the good local beaches and bars.

The hostel that we stayed in was really nice. There was free wifi and it was about a 30 second walk from the beach. We picked it for the beach location but had no idea that it was only about a minute walk from Rose’s house where Bird and Leah stayed. The luck doesn’t even stop there. I gave the receptionist our name and she realized that they accidentally double booked our room. Since they didn’t have a triple for Alexa, Melissa and me anymore, we were upgraded to a “small family” room with a tv and fridge! It was for four people with one Queen-sized bed and a bunk bed. Of course, I got the big bed.

The weather was nice again, which was perfect timing for the beach.
Last night in Aussie Land!Last night in Aussie Land!Last night in Aussie Land!

Melissa, Alexa, Leah, Rose, Bird, and me out to dinner for our last night in Australia!!
We spent a couple hours at the beach on Sunday to get our tan on. We cooked dinner in the hostel and decided to stay in that night to take a break from the partying. The next day was pretty much the same exact schedule but with even more beach time in the morning. On the third day we went shopping for anything last minute because it was our last day in Australia! Luckily, the weather wasn’t all that great so we weren’t missing out on any prime beach time.

In the evening, we ate a nice dinner at a Mexican restaurant that Rose recommended. We went to a couple local, causal bars at night but kept it low key because we had to go to the airport the next day. I can’t believe my time in Australia is already over. It was the best few months of my life!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Manly HostelManly Hostel
Manly Hostel

We were only there for a few days but it looked like we were there for a month
Cooking DinnerCooking Dinner
Cooking Dinner

Dinner at the Manly hostel


Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.05s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb