Back Home


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Maitland
August 28th 2006
Published: August 28th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Ok, We're back at home now. Got back on the morning of Friday 25th.

From the last post, we made the train easily in the morning and got to the airport 2 1/2 hrs early. Made Vietnam by Wednesday Morning.

Because the monsoonal season is basically over, Hanoi seemed really smoggy and polluted (mostly because of the amount of untuned motorbikes.) We had a coupla hours sleep in the hotel to get over the jet lag, then met up with Gary, a Hungarian guy who lives in Australia and was travelling the same route home as us, and went out to explore for the afternoon. That night we went to a club called New Century. It's apparently the No.1 dance club in Hanoi, the music was a bit hard but other than that and the amount of hookers in the club it was a good night. After getting to sleep by 5-5.30, we didn't surface on thursday till about 11.30 and went for lunch before we had to be picked up from our hotel at 1400 to get to the airport.

On getting to the airport we were told that there was a note on our tickets for an emergency exit seat and that that's where we would be seated for the flight to Sydney. Imagine my disappointment when we got on to find out we were dead in the middle. Oh well.

Back in Sydney, my dad picked us up from the airport and we headed back to Matts where there was Pizza and Becks waiting for us. Sweet.

A spectacular trip was had. I never did end up doing that Bullet Point Summary. This will most likely be the last post unless we write a summary in the next coupla days. We think the travelblog was a success (although we couldn't post as regularly as we thought we would) with over 1100 views in total for 17 posts.

Thanks for taking an interest. (And putting up with my lack of writing expression)

Kane

Advertisement



Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0681s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb