Blue Moutains


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Katoomba
March 12th 2007
Published: March 14th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Blue MoutainsBlue MoutainsBlue Moutains

Three Sisters
Happy Birthday Grandad!
We went to the Blue Moutains today which is 2hrs on the train from Sydney. It was very misty when we first arrived so I was worried we weren't going to see anything! We got on a hop on/hop off trolley bus at Katoomba to take us round the area. First stop was the Skycentre where we rode the Scenic railway. This is the steepest train in the world (I think), which is a short (steep!) ride down into the rainforrest. We were then below the mist so took a long board walk around the rainforrest and could see everything. I saw a white-browned scrubwren which I was excited about. We rode the cable car back up to the moutains and unfortunately the mist did obscure any views across the valley. We took the trolley bus to Leura, a small village where we decided to lunch and hope the mist would clear. Found a great tea shop here where I had possibly the best 'Devonshire' cream tea ever. The shop houses a private collection of over 3000 teapots so it was a nice place to relax. Next stop on the bus was Leura cascades where we took a trail along the falls to the rock pools. This was very pretty and when we reached the look-outs we could see the mist was clearing! Horrah! Out next stop was Echo point and the 3 sisters, one of the most famous rock formations at the Blue Moutains. Thankfully we could see them clearly plus the mist behind them did look blue! We did a few walks in this area. I took quite a few pics but the view was better in real life as there was still some mist around.
Got back to Sydney around 7.30pm and the sky was full of bats! Bizarre!! They are so big and have the exact batman outline! Very weird.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 13; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0292s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb