To jenolan caves


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Katoomba
February 8th 2007
Published: February 8th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Jenolan Caves

The road to jenolan caves is very windy. reminds me to the road to hana

Yesterday was a full day. We left sydney early and headed to katoomba where we got off the train and headed in the wrong direction for a bit, but we eventually found our hostel the YHA. it is great! very clean very nice. We heard that the backpackers one in town here was a bit buggy and the rooms were old dispite its clean appearance. So thats why we chose the YHA.
As for our health. Everyone is doing fine, but ryan has a nice sunburn on his shoulders and on the tops of his feet. A bit unfortunate but he seems to be coping.
We hitched out to the jenolan caves and were picked up pretty quick. The reasoning behind hitchhiking was due to the fact that they wanted to charge 45$ to get you out to the cave resort... thats just the bus ride from katoomba. We figured that the 100$ could buy us alot of good meals and hostels so we took our thumbs and an empty pizza box to the nearby highway. An engineer, A Truck driver and a crazy mathematician later and we were there. It was great. We got to meet some really good interesting people.
The caves were cool. I cant say that i would spend all day in them. It was kind of like being in a very quiet church. There was a reverence to it all that certainly exceeded my expectation. You can do a few tours up there, but we only did the baal temple, and the self guided tour on the outside caves.
We hitched back with an ausi who worked there. I think he was expecting only to pick up ryan, but he saw me and had to let us both in his little car. We got to a city that was a bit out of the way, but at least had a train station so for 6.00 we got a train home to katoomba. It was great!
Havent had much of a chance to take advantage of the hostel facilities, as check out time is 10 am. We are heading directly to fraser island i think. We have to see how long the train takes, and if we can get a hostel.
Well, i am off to get some more info and book a hostel.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0556s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb