Day 2 at Gundagai


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Gundagai
January 7th 2013
Published: January 7th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Well we got up nice and early Paul cooked a yummy breakfast on the BBQ. We set off happily leaving our camp site know it was safe and sound through to Tumut. I was delighted with this not so little town. We walked around and only to find the ideals man fishing shop where he purchased a fine rod and a few lurers his prized one was, "Bloody Ripper" As it was lunch time we brought some Subway for lunch and found a nice little spot down by the river, pulling out our camping chairs and awning, totally enjoy lunch and the scenery. After packing things away and a wander down to the waters edge, we thought we would visit The Dog on the Tuckerbox at Snake Gully just outside of Gundagai took some great shot and brought some tasty tomato chutney and had a look at the old relics of such along time ago. The next stop was Star Hotel for a soothing ale before heading back to camp.



Once back at our laid back camper trailers perfect possie, we where hot enough to go and paddle our feet in the river and that when I saw what I thought was an eel...... um I need lots of training as it turned out to be yes a fish.

Willo nearly jumped out of his skin racing up to go set up the rod say "Im going to get that little sucker"

I will say he did try, but the fish stayed in the river and along with the "Bloody ripper" lurer on the last cast of the day and all he did do was come back sweaty....lol

After cleaning up we prepared an yum dinner of Chicken, pasta and salad

Our entertainment prior to bed was the possum coming to sniff out our stuff. Im sure it was pay back from the night before of him shining the tourch in their eyes.


Additional photos below
Photos: 35, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0361s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb