Clarence River B&B, near Grafton - 10 to 12 April 09


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Grafton
April 11th 2009
Published: April 14th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Magnificent Dining & Lounge AreasMagnificent Dining & Lounge AreasMagnificent Dining & Lounge Areas

The attention to detail was second to none and the B&B was a very welcoming place to relax and meet new friends.

Clarence River B&B

We woke early and Terry provided a beautiful breakfast on the verandah, looking out to the Clarence River. Steve had cereal, poached eggs, toast, tomatoes and bacon with juice and tea, while Jeni had Spanish omelet, bacon and toast with juice and coffee. The weather was great and we had a cute green frog as our breakfast companion, sitting on the garden light below the verandah, which actually let Jeni touch and hold him!

After a wander through the grounds and three games of pool (Steve won all three!) Greg took us out on his power boat for a trip along the Clarence River. We had a wonderful time, saw several cows "paddling" in the river and beautiful homes along the cliff tops. After about an hour and a half we arrived back at the B&B and had morning tea while chatting to the other guests and Terry and then relaxed on the verandah.

For lunch we just had grapes and yoghurt on our balcony (we were still full from breakfast and morning tea) and then had a rest in our room while watching a DVD called "Sharks v. Crocs".

In the afternoon we sat
Comfortable Lounges & Huge TelevisionComfortable Lounges & Huge TelevisionComfortable Lounges & Huge Television

The rich timber finish enhanced the lounge area - especially the beautiful timber framed mirror which Greg had made.
on the verandah while playing Rummikub and munching on Hot Cross Buns that Terry provided, until we went to our room for a rest.

We then wandered around the grounds until dinner was ready, a beautiful BBQ with steak, chops and salads, finished with chocolate cake filled with cream and jam, chocolate coated strawberries and Chocolate, Honey & Nougat icecream in celebration of Terry's birthday!

We had a lovely time chatting with the other guests and Terry and Greg again before Jeni again had a relaxing bath while reading a magazine and Steve watched the AFL on TV.


Additional photos below
Photos: 34, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Breakfast Anyone?Breakfast Anyone?
Breakfast Anyone?

Terry & Greg cooking breakfast for their guests in the wonderful kitchen. The bench tops were slabs of camphor polished and fashioned beautifully by Greg.
BBQ Area to PoolBBQ Area to Pool
BBQ Area to Pool

The grounds were beautiful with room to move and plenty of activities to keep us busy or relaxed!
Clarence River & BBQ AreaClarence River & BBQ Area
Clarence River & BBQ Area

We ate a delicious breakfast on the verandah while looking down to the Clarence River.
Steve on the VerandahSteve on the Verandah
Steve on the Verandah

A huge spa was available for guests at the end of the verandah.
Swimming Pool & GazeboSwimming Pool & Gazebo
Swimming Pool & Gazebo

The pool was very inviting, but it was too cold to take a dip!
The Breakfast VerandahThe Breakfast Verandah
The Breakfast Verandah

Where we enjoyed our delicious breakfast each morning.
Anyone for Volleyball?Anyone for Volleyball?
Anyone for Volleyball?

There was a volleyball area, as well as a billiard table and kayaks for guests to enjoy at no extra charge.
Looking Down to a Green VisitorLooking Down to a Green Visitor
Looking Down to a Green Visitor

While eating our breakfast we were joined by a cute green frog sitting on the garden light below us.
A Cute Little FriendA Cute Little Friend
A Cute Little Friend

He was so cute and not at all scared, in fact Jeni was able to pat him for quite a while and he didn't flinch (and neither did she!)
Green, Fat and CuteGreen, Fat and Cute
Green, Fat and Cute

His "fingers" were so sticky and he wasn't at all worried when Jeni touched them. He really was adorable.
Waterfall FeaturesWaterfall Features
Waterfall Features

The grounds were full of points of interest, including this beautiful waterfall garden.
Wagonwheel ChairWagonwheel Chair
Wagonwheel Chair

Greg had fashioned this wagonwheel chair where guests could sit and watch the river.
Gazebo, Pool & Wagonwheel ChairGazebo, Pool & Wagonwheel Chair
Gazebo, Pool & Wagonwheel Chair

The grounds really were immaculate and Greg's attention to detail in the structures was just beautiful.
Clarence River B&BClarence River B&B
Clarence River B&B

The view of the B&B from near the river.
Another View of the B&BAnother View of the B&B
Another View of the B&B

This was two old homes, moved from Grafton and joined together, with Greg renovating it to the highest quality.
Anyone for a Refreshing Dip?Anyone for a Refreshing Dip?
Anyone for a Refreshing Dip?

The pool really was inviting but it was too nippy to take advantage of it. Next time!!
Close-up of the B&BClose-up of the B&B
Close-up of the B&B

The entrance from the river to the B&B - private balconies in each room with the dorner window containing a window seat where you could sit and enjoy the view.
Garden NymphsGarden Nymphs
Garden Nymphs

There were statues scattered around the gardens at the front entrance - full size and quite beautiful.
Another Statue in the Front GardenAnother Statue in the Front Garden
Another Statue in the Front Garden

The landscaping features were perfect for the setting, with large rocks, lush foliage and statues dotted around.


Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0344s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb