Byron Bay


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Byron Bay
October 19th 2006
Published: October 19th 2006
Edit Blog Post

We are in Byron Bay, well actually we are leaving today to meet our friends we met in Fiji, we are off to Brisbane...how exciting. Please see the picture of the big prawn restaurant, was so funny, its the biggest prawn we have ever seen, we had dinner there on the way to Byron and we had to take a photo.

So after the hostel from hell we found a great hostel in Byron Bay....so we thought, had pool, nice room, free bikes etc. However, we didnt get to sleep till 6.30 am, we dont mind being kept awake till 2/3 by noise but this just was not on, so we got up early (we were awake anyway) in search of a quiet motel/guesthouse. We found one which was cheap and noise free. Although Steve got up at 4.30 to watch Chelsea beat Barcelona 1 nil so we still had interupted sleep but hey ho. Byron Bay is lovely, clean and a wonderful beach, yesterday we did the sun bathing ritual on the beach and chilled out for the rest of the day, sounds silly but travelling and being on the go makes you tired! We are planning to spend a few days in Brisbane so we can chill. Although we have left the accomodation to our friends from Fiji, so hopefully it will be ok! Fingers crossed. Hope you like the gorge sunset pics of Byron Bay. We took them last night at sunset. We will write again soon from Brisbane.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



19th October 2006

Hiya
Hi Guys - Just found this site so am desperatley tyring to catch up with the whole journey!! It looks AMAZING! You both look so HAPPY!! Loved the shot of the giant Prawn in todays photo's - I bet Amanda wasted no time in finding a ladder and getting up onto the roof with her knife and fork!! Sod Weight Watchers aye!!
19th October 2006

hello
Hi porter and Steve, I am impressed with this website, has taken me a while to work out how to do a message but im there now! Well from the pics it looks like your having an amazing time, suffice to say I am very jealous back here in the cold, rainy weather! I can't believe you did a bungy and skydive porter, got to say didn't think you would do it! Hope they were both fun! The ice bar looks really good too. Cant wait to hear all about it when you get back. Have a lovely time where ever you are of to next. Love Jen xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
20th October 2006

amazing
I cant believe how much you have done since i last logged on, glaciers, hiking, bunjees, Ice bars (loving that)... You are both nutters, but its so great to see that you are experiencing everything whilst you are out there. Dont know how you are going to come back down to earth afterwards. ...Hope you have a wicked time in Brisbane and I look forward to reading what you get up to next...

Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0527s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb