We have arrived...


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Byron Bay
February 3rd 2015
Published: February 3rd 2015
Edit Blog Post

Quick update!

After 22 hours of time in the air we made it, well except for Scott's luggage (which is getting delivered today!). We flew Toronto - LA - Brisbane which was 19 hours of time in the air and 3 hours lay over in LA. We had an Amazing Race moment running through LAX as we had to change terminals. We ran one way then back again to make a shuttle to get to our gate. We made it with good time to spare 😊 The flights themselves were alright. We had some turbulence and were able to catch a couple ZZZ's along the way between viewing movies.

We arrived safely in Brisbane with a warm welcome of hugs and smiles. We made the 2 hours drive south to Byron Bay to crash for a couple days in a comfy bed and friendly faces.

In order to stay awake, we made a very important stop at the beach! The water was clear blue and warm, way better than the snow storm that hit Canada. So happy we missed that one. We walked along the beach, checked out the nice houses and went in the water. I had an encounter with a blue jellyfish in the water too! That is a new one in the book for me. I was kneeling in the water and felt a hard blob between my legs, I looked down to see the jellyfish so I jumped up and ran (so did Scott 😊 ). That ended our swim quickly. Luckily I wasn't stung as that wouldn't have been a first good day.

After that we went 'home' to hang out, have a couple beers, eat dinner and pass out at 9pm! We were exhausted after travelling for that long and not having a good sleep. We are now on Aussie time and excited to go exploring more 😊

Stay Classy, CHENRY

Advertisement



Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0361s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb