Byron bay November 2014


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Byron Bay
November 3rd 2014
Published: November 6th 2014
Edit Blog Post

After working in Sydney for 6 months my best friend and I headed off to travel the east coast of Australia -first stop Byron Bay 😊 . We had been talking about this trip since college and we had been wanting to do it for years so we were delighted when we finally had enough money saved to do it .



We booked our whole trip through Peter Pan travel in Sydney . The staff were really helpful and they had all done the trip before so they had some really great suggestions on what to include in the trip, how long we should stay in each place and also what not to do . We decided to do Sydney up to cairns as we were already in Sydney although it does seem like the majority of people do it the opposite direction .



As I mentioned Our first stop was Byron bay. To get to Byron we got the greyhound coach from Sydney to cairns which took about 12 hours . We slept most of the way though so it didn't really seem that long . We stayed in the backpackers inn in Byron bay which we absolutely loved !! The hostel is so nice . It's right on the beach and it's a 5-10 minute walk to the town . On our first day we arrived at around lunch time so we just threw our bags in to the room and went straight to the beach . We also managed to pop in to the beach bar and have a drink to see the Melbourne cup followed by a trek up to check out the famous lighthouse and the most easterly point in Australia. It was well worth the walk up to see the lighthouse the views are absolutely amazing !!!



We then walked back to the town to get some food in woollies and our first box of goon 😊 . A friend of ours told us that everybody drinks it in the hostels So we decided to give it a go . Can't say it went down too well though . That night we went out to the garden in the hostel to see what was going on . It was so chilled out and everyone ended up heading in to cheeky monkeys after a few drinks which was really fun . The hostel run a minibus in to the town every few minutes so we were delighted . They also brought us home which saved a bit of money on taxis .



Overall our first day in Byron was really enjoyable . We were so happy with the hostel (the rooms are really spacious too with big balconies -would definitely recommend it ) and the beautiful beach and we met some really nice people there.



My next post will be on day 2 in Byron - The Nimbin Tour 😊 .

Advertisement



Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0296s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb