Leaving Asia for rain in Aus?


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Byron Bay
November 14th 2012
Published: November 14th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Apologies to all our hard core readers snce we have been very inactive recently. Since leaving Cmbodia internet is either really hard to come by or costs the same as a meal for two ( we will always choose to eat).

We spent a wonderful few days in Phom Phen after meeting the best tuk tuk driving ever. He took us to the killing fields and s21 prisoon which were both used during the Pol Pot regime . Both extremely sad places to visit since you know that millions of people died right where we stood. Very interesting and sad day. Our tuk tuk driver was only 9 years old when it all happened and he lost his father and both his brothers as well as many more friends and relatives so he was able to give us an honest account of what happened. Pretty unimaginable for us cushty Brits!

We spent a few days there and then flew to Hong Kong where we spent two days. It's a pretty amazing city and alot different to what we had been living in for the previous 8 weeks. We both said it would be awesome to vist again with more time and alot more available cash.

From Hong Kong we took a flight to Singapore and stayed in the airport overnight. I say airport but its more like a small city with everything there is to do and viait. We weren't bored at all in our 8 hour wait and were actually talking about spending more time there when we return after Aus.

Enough about airports... we flew to Cairns a week ago and after realising that our flight back down to Brisbane was actually booked for the 8th Dec not Nov and after a hefty pay out to the airline to change the date we finally got to pissing it down Bribane to pick up our long awaited campervan. So we're kitted out and ready to rock the east coast. We stayed at some cool camp grounds including a national park that had to be paid by honesty box, let's just ay we weren't that honest. Its so glamerous let me tell you. Today we showered in the sea and tonight we a sleeping on the side of a motorway. All part of the experience right? Luckily the sun has come out to shine the further down the coast we go.

At least now we know for sure that our camper does not fit in the undergroud car parks as we found out the hard way when we got stuck. Some poor dude actually had to stand on a stool to lift the 2.5 meter clearance sign so we cold get through. Thank God for agile Asians.

Apologies for the terrible spelling and grammer but i'm doing this rushed since i know there are some eager beaver reader out there wanting to know we are alive. mainly just the mum's .

We will try and update when we can...

xx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0418s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb