Sea, Sun and Surf in gorgeous Byron Bay


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Byron Bay
November 9th 2010
Published: November 20th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We arrived in Byron Bay early from our overnight bus from Sydney and was greeted at the bus terminal by a small shuttle from our hostel and had a little tour of the town (all two streets of it) en-route to our hostel (YHA).
We managed to check-in almost straight away and chilled in the hammocks for a few hours as it was still early and very cloudy. However, by 11am the sun had come out and the clouds had cleared so we grabbed a couple of body boards and made our way to the beach. The beach itself was gorgeous and the waves were so huge, we chilled out and mucked about in the waves before heading for some incredible chicken wraps and then repeated the morning activities of chilling, sunbathing and jumping in the waves.

We done a small food shop and got some wine, then headed back to the hostel to have bbq steak and jacket potatoes - plus a few beers/wine. We then headed to a really cool bar/club at a nice beach front hotel where there was a DJ playing pretty good music. We spent the rest of evening drinking and dancing before finishing up with a pie from a 24 hour pie and mash shop.

The next day we were once again greeted with glorious sunshine so headed straight down to the beach and just spent the day chilling out as this has been the first proper beach time of our whole trip.
In the evening we headed to a bar called cheeky monkeys as they run special food promotions and cheap drinks and spent the night in there till about 2am before heading back to hostel.

We had originally planned to move on to surfers paradise in the morning but as we had enjoyed Byron so much we decided to stay another day until the evening and spent it on the beach and Vic's decided to do some shopping.

At 7pm we were the only two people who boarded the bus to Surfers Paradise and was to experience the worst bus journey imaginable . . . .




Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



21st November 2010

HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Glad you got some sun and had a chill! Can't wait to hear about the horrendous bus journey. HAPPY BIRTHDAY VICTORIA. WE LOVE YOU LOTS AND THINK ABOUT YOU ALL THE TIME. HOPE YOU GOT OUR CARDS. LOTS OF LOVE AUNTIE SUSAN, UNCLE GERT, ALEXANDER AND JACK XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
21st November 2010

Beach Babes
Well, chill time at least for your both. I bet you had withdrawals before that, no sunbathing!!!!! However, now you have left me hanging.......why the worse bus journey imagineable????? xxxx

Tot: 0.047s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0249s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb