Byron Bay


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Byron Bay
August 7th 2009
Published: August 23rd 2009
Edit Blog Post

27th June 2009

We definitely needed to recover after our horrific journey, but not before we found a hostel to rest our heads. After we checked in we pretty much slept for 5 hours straight. Upon waking we decided to grab some lunch from the bakery and eat it on the beach. With our bellies full we walked along the beach to a viewpoint, navigating our way over the outgoing tide. We were told that there were dolphins in the distance but all we could see were surfers and rocks. Continuing on we headed further round the coast to another headland and where we sat in the sun on the rocks, watching the world go by.

28th June 2009

Making more of today than we did yesterday we got up early and walked to the most easterly point on the Australian mainland. From here we could see whales spouting off, which by now had become a familiar sight in NZ and Australia. A short walk from this point was an old lighthouse that we ventured round and watched an interesting video on marine life in the Australian Sea. Feeling a little disappointed that we didn't get to see dolphins yesterday, we headed to the same headlands as before to see if our luck had changed and it had. We saw a family dolphins diving for fish near the rocks just in front of us. In the evening we spent our time in the hostel bar chatting away and drinking beer, very Australian!

29th June 2009

With no home for the day we sat on the beach and people watched for most of the day before catching our bus to Brisbane.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.104s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0558s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb