Nimbin...Byron Beach...Misc Photos


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Byron Bay
January 25th 2006
Published: March 28th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Margaret the seagullMargaret the seagullMargaret the seagull

A firm Byron Bay favourite!
Here we have a quick selection of pictures that we liked, as added by my lovely assistant...Miss lozza Tunni Saunders!

The old VW camper was parked up on the pavement at Nimbin; stoners capitol of Australia! Painted up in lovely psychadelic, luminous bright colours with the stereotypical symbols for love and peace and generally the forward thinking slogan "get stoned." This rare peice of caner memorobelia marked the entrance to the Hemp Museum...fitting!

Still it looked good and added to the general laid back atmosphere. It was a bank holiday on the day we visited Nimbin, so there were hardly any residents around to ask about their 'crazy' lifestyles! We even missed the weird odd almost naked man who sits on the side of the road and tells your fortune. As described to us by two girls we met at the 'Arts Factory.' Damn!

Apparantly there had been some disturbances of the peace in recent days with riots and general violence what can only be presumed was the result of too much substance abuse. We didn't witness anything like that thought, and found Nimbin to be a lovely, dappled sunshine if not just a little odd kinda place. Still we only saw it for an hour so who knows what kind of ghouls come out to play at night!

The other picture was my lasting memory of Byron Bay, a view fom the walkway of Main Beach, where we spent many happy hours feeling very lucky for blessed almost untouched clear skies and a sense of freedom, happiness and peace that can only be felt with the realisation that you have no work or worries for at least the next three months...bliss, pure bliss.

And yes, Lauren has added a picture of a Seagul! But this is no ordinary seagul, this is Dorris; the amazing, hovering, extraordinary Seagull. Dorris and her mates ganged up on me and tried to steal my 'oh-so-deliciuos-seeded-bread-24 hour-bakery-sandwich,' trust me when i say, NOONE was getting their hands on that sandwich!




Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Nimbin...a colourful meccaNimbin...a colourful mecca
Nimbin...a colourful mecca

one of the elaborately decorated buildings that line the street. This is actually the Hemp embassy museum! Promoting hemp in every way possible!
More NimbinMore Nimbin
More Nimbin

Another museum...and its not at all weird to see VW Campers parked up and painted on the pavement! Just another normal day at the office!


Tot: 0.127s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 16; qc: 82; dbt: 0.0656s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb