Byron Bay


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Byron Bay
August 23rd 2008
Published: August 23rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

...so we moved on to Byron Bay. We love it here, one of our favourites so far. The town itself is really lively, errr.. yet chilled. The campsite is good with nice people. There's one particular couple from Ramsbottom who are a little errm... too much. Please note (Emily) this is not a dig at people in general from Ramsbottom. Just this woman who can't stop talking. Anyway we ended up walking into town with them for our meal and then politely made our own way to choose a restaraunt.

We ate at a brilliant restaraunt - really good vibe and lovely food. After we'd ordered the drinks I joked that the Ramsbottom family will choose the same restaraunt and end up on the next table. Well I bet you can guess who's heads then immediately popped round the corner? And which table? Oh yes.
Anyway, it soon became apparent why she was talking so fast. Shelley had already sussed she was half cut back at the campsite. This was finally confirmed when I saw her head drop almost into her soup. She kept saying she couldn't believe she was 'this tired', which is clearly local Lancashire lingo for 'totally rat-arsed'

It was a lovely meal.

We also ate really well in the day with the local kebabs (the nicest we've ever had.. ever!) and the greatest highlight, local, traditionally made EGG FREE doughnuts. Not only could Bella sample one at last, but they were THE MOST GORGEOUS things to ever pass your lips. Even better than Krispy Creams. So we all sat there and told Bella to fill her boots. As you can see she most certainly did. Of course it would have been rude not to have joined her.
Mmmmmmmm... we're going back to day. I might ask if he does mail order internationally.

A definite highlight at Byron Bay is the lighthouse, built on the most easterly point of mainland Australia. Here we saw amazing views and even spotted a whale. The climb down to the beach was worth the climb back as it was one of the most impressive views we've seen so far.

Fantastic.

And finally. Bella suddenly started saying 'I'm busting my bollicles' the other day. As you can imagine, jaws gaping, we asked her to repeat it. Anyway we finally discovered she was mis-quoting a film (bee movie) where they say '...diabolical'. Phew! Another close shave in world class parenting bubble.

Take care. We'll keep on trucking and will update soon.

Steve, Shelley + off-spring.



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Byron Bay LighthouseByron Bay Lighthouse
Byron Bay Lighthouse

Sod the kids - why didn't she get the top of lighthouse?
Byron Bay BeachByron Bay Beach
Byron Bay Beach

Yeah Yeah, it's just a beach, and I can write my name


Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0474s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb