Byron Bay


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Byron Bay
July 26th 2007
Published: August 5th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We are in Byron bay now, and we really like it here (despite pauls claims that it is a place full of drugged up losers!) We decided straight away that we wanted to stay another day, as it has a really nice laid back atmosphere, and it is sunny here finally! We are back in our summer clothes, the flecces have been left behind and it is much more like the winter we were expecting!

We havent really done anything here except laze around either on the beach or in our hostel. Our one moment of activity was when we decided to go walking on another terribly signposted walk to the lighthouse at Cape Byron. It was boiling hot and 90% was uphill, but we got there in the end and were rewarded with views of black slug like creatures popping out of the water, which we recognised as whales that not so long ago we had paid to see! The view we had from the top of a cliff was equally as good as the one we got from our boat as well! We also saw some wild wallabies hopping on the hill on our way down, which made all our suffering in the heat with no water worth it!

We also saw a blw fish washed up by the tide onto the beach. We tried to be good samaritans and poke it with a stick back into the sea, but he was either happy to die there or we accidentaly killed him when trying to help him as once we were at the water he made no effort to swim away!

We havent really done anything at all in Byron, so it doesnt make for a very interesting blog though we are going to Brisbane tomorrow, which accrording to Carol is the place to be!

Advertisement



27th July 2007

Mount coot
Just had a little look ahead on the internet. Mount coot in brisbane gives some good views of the city and has a nice little cafe at the top. Whats the aussie cuisine like? I can remember watching "Bill's food" on Saturday Kitchen on the telly, and being inspired to make "ricotta hotcakes with honeycomb butter" (pancakes with crushed up crunchie butter) which apparently sold like hotcakes in "Bills" his iconic Sydney cafe. Had a look at some reviews of "Bills" and it got a slating-probably the Aussie equivalent of "Bettys". Love Dad
27th July 2007

We havent sampled much in the way of aussie cuisine - have been sticking religiously to food courts so have had loads of noodles and curries! Will look out for the ricotta hotcakes though!
7th August 2007

birthday message
Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Adrienne, happy birthday to you! Sounds like you're having an amazing time... I'm really jealous! Hope you enjoyed Hawaii!! Take care of yourselves, Love Laura
7th August 2007

Birthday
Just want to wish you a happy birthday 07/08/2007. I hope this gets to you, you know what I'm like with computers. I am enjoying all the comments on your bloggy thing. I feel as if I have been on hols too. Enloy the rest of your hols and will see you soon.
9th August 2007

Hey! Lovely to hear from you and thanks for bday wishes! Hawaii was amazing, it was great to do nothing but lie around on the beach and am totally jealous of all the years you went and got to do that lol, i will probs never be able to afford to go there again! Hope everythimg is going really well for you! Love tree xxx
9th August 2007

Well done, you managed to figure out the computer and succesfully post the message! I have heard about your hols from mum, lol, falling over on the boat - at least you didnt end up in the water! Thanks for putting us in touch with Carol, she was absolutely lovely, she even tried to force money on us as we left the country! Dont know if you will ever see this comment, but thanks for birthday message!

Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 20; dbt: 0.0441s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb