G'day from Byron Bay


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Byron Bay
January 9th 2007
Published: January 9th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hi all,

Finally we have got around to uploading some more pictures for you all to see. As you can imagine things have been pretty manic over the last few weeks, what with Christmas and New Year celebrations.

We arrived in Byron Bay, where we are now, 2 days ago and are planning on spending a couple more before heading further up the east coast.

Since we last wrote we spent a few more days in Melbourne and then got the Greyhound up to Sydney. We stayed in Manly which was absolutely fantastic - in fact neither of us wanted to leave! Christmas was spent with Phils family and we managed to spend some of it on the beach which was slightly surreal. For New Year by complete luck we managed to find a great spot to watch the fireworks over the Harbour Bridge (especially considering 2 million other people were also trying to find a great one!) The fireworks were incredible, they seemed to light up every part of the sky around us, even from the skyscrapers that dominate Sydney city centre, we didn't know where to look! We spent a fantastic 2 weeks in Manly just relaxing and making the most of the great beaches and how close we were to the city, hopping on the ferry as and when we pleased. We visited both Bondi and Palm beach (where 'Home & Away' is filmed) and just generally had a great time.

We are now in Byron Bay, a very hippyish kind of town, so we are just chilling out. We plan on heading to Surfers Paradise at the end of this week and then doing an organised tour to see Fraser Island and the Whitsundays and then on up to the Great Barrier Reef.

Hope you are all well,

Lots of Love,

Kathy and Phil x x x




Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0511s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb