Byron Bay


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Byron Bay
November 12th 2006
Published: November 16th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Striking pic !Striking pic !Striking pic !

It took a while, but we finally got the shot we wanted. Watching the storm on the beach was awesome.
It took 13 hours to get to Byron but it was a good journey as the roads were so straight. Our hostel was pretty good and the other people in our room were nice. Byron Bay is a small but quite busy town with several beaches and loads of shops. We stayed for two nights and really enjoyed it. On one of the days we went on a walk around Cape Byron. The views along the walk were great-we could see three huge beaches at the same time, including 7 mile beach. We walked up to the lighthouse and then to the most easterly point of mainland australia. The waves there were amazing! There are often dolphins and whales in the area but we didn't manage to spot any. There was a huge storm on our last night in Byron which was awesome. The weather wasn't great while we were in Byron and it rained a bit.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

StunningStunning
Stunning

The beautiful Tallow beach near Byron Bay seemed to go on forever!
KookaburraKookaburra
Kookaburra

..sits on a old gum tree
Unforgiving coastlineUnforgiving coastline
Unforgiving coastline

The crashing waves around Cape Byron
Australia's most easterly pointAustralia's most easterly point
Australia's most easterly point

Charlie trying to spot whales and dolphins at the most easterly point of mainland Oz (she couldn't see any).


16th November 2006

Lightning
I would have cheated with the lightning and added it in with Photoshop. Good timing though. Look after yourselves - keep the car topped up and have plenty of water with you.
17th November 2006

Kookaburra
Sorry it has been so long guys. just wanted to say"merry merry king of the bush is he-ee, Laugh Kookaburra Laugh Kookaburra, Gay your Life must be"!! he he Lots of Love Al and Oz xXx

Tot: 0.166s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 24; qc: 94; dbt: 0.0929s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb