Day 9


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Broken Hill
August 25th 2010
Published: August 25th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Hey All,

Today we stayed in and around Broken Hill.
We needed a recharge so we slept in then had a big cooked breaky.

We headed off to Silverton, 20k out of Broken Hill.
Silverton in its hey day had about 5000 people living there, 12 pubs, a courthouse and gaol.
The town itself has been in approx 100 movies and commercials, a commercial is filmed there nearly every two months.
Mad Max 2 was filmed there and they even had a replica of the interceptor parked near the pub.
It is a bit of a ghost town now, about 20 people live there but the history of the place was pretty good.

After some coffee, scones and damper from one of the old huts we headed to the Living Desert and the Sculptures.
This was crap as we would have had to pay $10 for the Sculptures then $10 for the living desert all because it is on Aboriginal land!!! We protested and didn't go in.

We did however go to an Art & Silver Museum/Chocolate & Lollie shop!
Some of the artwork in here would look great in the new house but was just too pricey for us, a small piece was over 1500k
We did buy lollies tho!
We came back and i cooked a roast pork in the camp oven, still not used to having a camp oven on a gas burner and not in the ground but the meat came out good and we finished off the crackle under the grill.

We had a call from Declan tonight which really makes us happy and eager to get home.

Tomorrow we head for Echuca as Tracey wants to have a look around there.

oh, and someone has pulled up near us today with the exact van Tracey wants, looks nice, big but nice.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.155s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 14; qc: 50; dbt: 0.1282s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb